Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Stewart is a hypocrite and a partisan hack.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    The difference is that Jon Stewart is on a comedy show while the clowns and comedians on the political right in America label themselves "news".
    Exactly, he's a comedian not meant to be taken seriously. The only reason he is taken seriously is because, at the very least, he's no worse than the actual news channels and at times is even more informative. That's on them, not him. If you don't like the liberal Stewart then switch over to the "conservative" Colbert! Comedy Central: Fair and Balanced News

Comment

Colbert beats Stewart, we all know that.

But The Daily Show isn't a news channel, its MEANT to be ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
        Colbert beats Stewart, we all know that.

But The Daily Show isn't a news channel, its MEANT to be ridiculous.
        Same with the Colbert report.

I mean the Daily Show and the Colbert Report do the same material that Fox News does, only one side expects to be laughed at.

Comment

Damn I thought the Colbert Report was news....

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
            Damn I thought the Colbert Report was news....
            No, nobody could read the news and be that manly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mashadin View Post
              Somebody said they were centrists?

No wait...

Those people are not just left wingers but RADICAL left wingers. I'm a centrist and I despise them as much as any radical islamicist or far right brain dead christian evangelist. They are bad people, liars and enemies of the country.
              Really?? So I take it you are a complete idiot. This is the type of thinking DESTROYING our country. It's one thing to disagree with their politics but to call them as dangerous as radical Islamist? LOL or enemies of the country? It's like when Rush Limbaugh said Obama is more dangerous than the Nazi's......

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              Stewart is the type of "born with a silver spoon in his mouth" multi millionaire that his audience loves to hate. His brother Larry Leibowitz is the CEO of the New York Stock Exchange, the kind of guy that his audience really loves to hate. Jon's a funny, intelligent guy and a talented comedian with exquisite timing, but he tries to come off as a moderate, which is complete nonsense.

Steven Crowder is an up and coming talent, 23 years old, whose manager recently applied at the Daily Show to get him a gig. But was told "Steven is definitely a talented guy, but we never book conservative pundits." Which makes Jon's attacks on Fox all the more ludicrous, since they at least have quite a number of liberal hosts and commentators (Shepard Smith, Chris Wallace, Greta Van Susteren, Geraldo Rivera, Alan Colmes, etc.)

Now I'm a conservative and most of my views tend to be right of center and I don't even mind being called a partisan hack, but not when it comes from people that think Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews, Mika Brzezinski and Rachel Maddow are remotely close to being centrists or have the tiniest degree of objectivity.
              I saw the video and read the piece but you failed to mention one thing, comparing John Stewart or Bill Maher to anything Foxnews is ridiculous. There's no doubt that Maher and Stewart are liberals but they are also COMEDIANS. They don't hold the same responsibility journalistically that anyone at Foxnews does.

You can say what you want about Olberman, Mathews or Maddow but IMO they are clearly combating the right wing propaganda machine that is Foxnews. It's an obvious attempt to "balance" out what the American public gets shoved down their throats from the right because Foxnews is the most watched news channel on tv.

The tragedy in all of this, is that it's one extreme combating another and the people who suffer are the American public. Because let's face it, Americans aren't the brightest bunch to begin with and they will just follow the loudest voice whether it makes sense or not.

There is no middle thinking anymore, it's "your with me or against me" type of thinking and that's why we are witnessing the fall of this great nation.
              Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 06-14-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                Really?? So I take it you are a complete idiot. This is the type of thinking DESTROYING our country. It's one thing to disagree with their politics but to call them as dangerous as radical Islamist? LOL or enemies of the country? It's like when Rush Limbaugh said Obama is more dangerous than the Nazi's......

I saw the video and read the piece but you failed to mention one thing, comparing John Stewart or Bill Maher to anything Foxnews is ridiculous. There's no doubt that Maher and Stewart are liberals but they are also COMEDIANS. They don't hold the same responsibility journalistically that anyone at Foxnews does.

You can say what you want about Olberman, Mathews or Maddow but IMO they are clearly combating the right wing propaganda machine that is Foxnews. It's an obvious attempt to "balance" out what the American public gets shoved down their throats from the right because Foxnews is the most watched news channel on tv.

The tragedy in all of this, is that it's one extreme combating another and the people who suffer are the American public. Because let's face it, Americans aren't the brightest bunch to begin with and they will just follow the loudest voice whether it makes sense or not.

There is no middle thinking anymore, it's "your with me or against me" type of thinking and that's why we are witnessing the fall of this great nation.
                I think that the bolded is important. US politics is becoming increasingly adversarial and has resulted in the political machinery being dismantled by parties expending all their efforts to undermine each other when they should be cooperating to fix the economic crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post

I think you missed the point. Obviously Jon Stewart is not comparable to Fox in any way, but the fact is he constantly criticizes them for being completely partisan.

You can argue who is combating who, but left slanted media was around (and dominated newspapers, political magazines and the airwaves) long before Fox News. Fox is far more objective than MSNBC and the only people who think otherwise are kids these days who get all their news from Stewart and Colbert and those drawn up in the mob mentality that has become the left who repeat mantras of absurdities like "right wing propaganda machine that is Foxnews" until they actually believe them.

I don't think we're doomed to fall just yet, but we definitely seem to be becoming more polarized and pitted against each other.

Comment

I have got to say, even with no interest in politics myself, reading you guys debate day in, day out has actually helped me learn new things.

thanks.

Comment

The right-wing does their brainwashing with sensationalist, entertainment-slanted news, the left-wing does theirs with politically biased entertainment media. Neither side is better than the other.

Comment

Working...
                      X