Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook made a huge mistake fighting GGG & it's going to be looked back as his downfall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brook made a huge mistake fighting GGG & it's going to be looked back as his downfall

For those who don't remember before GGG fight was announced it was going to be Brook/Vargas which would've been a good win for Brook and got him another title along with being a much safer fight.

Eddie Hearn ****ed Brook with him allowing Brook to take on GGG just because he didn't have a GGG PPV because Eubank Jr pulled out at the last minute. He should've just cancelled the GGG fight and went on with Vargas.

I'm not making excuses for the Spence loss because I think it's going to be trouble even in his next fight which could be a tune up. I can see Brook looking **** in his next fight because of his eye weaknesses and him wanting to quit when it gets too tough.

I think Brook could seriously be done at a world level thinking about it. I mean he could win a vacant belt or beat Callum Smith at 154 but he won't beat many of the top fighters who punch even harder than welters.

Eddie is usually a really good promoter but he's going to look back and think he ****ed up letting Brook fight GGG.

In hindsight it was mistake. Brook was outboxing him but GGG had power soi it was matter if time.
    Ww is interesting now with Thurman, Spence.
    Brook should have just waited.
    Maybe if GGG is your last fight its OK. Like Floyd fighting ggg

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      In hindsight it was mistake. Brook was outboxing him but GGG had power soi it was matter if time.
      Agreed. Brook didn't have any money fights before GGG and saw his big payday and screwed himself over. He would've still got a great payday against Vargas which would've been much, much safer.

He could've got bigger fights from then on. Fighting a damn Middleweight at his early peak was ****ing stupid and screwed himself out of bigger money fights.

Brook/Khan will lose a lot of interest now too. It's two broken fighters.

Comment

I totally agree. Jesse Vargas should have been his last fight at Welterweight before vacating and moving up to Light Middleweight/Super Welterweight. The Miguel Cotto fight at that weight would have been a big payday and a winnable fight.

Comment

Yeah but I still got nothing but respect for Brook. GGG pretty much ruined him, he is still "good" but never the same after GGG.

Comment

It was such a stupid move. It baffles me how they let an undefeated champion go up two weight divisions to fight such a dangerous guy.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              It was such a stupid move. It baffles me how they let an undefeated champion go up two weight divisions to fight such a dangerous guy.
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                brook won 1 round. outboxing??? not dying=outboxing

Comment

Everyone knew it was a bad idea.

As soon as it was announced the reaction was pretty unanimous; he's too small. He put on unnecessary weight, took unnecessary punishment and he's now in a position where he struggles to make weight, struggles with his stamina and his face is breaking up.

Excellent fighter, terrible career move.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
                    For those who don't remember before GGG fight was announced it was going to be Brook/Vargas which would've been a good win for Brook and got him another title along with being a much safer fight.

Eddie Hearn ****ed Brook with him allowing Brook to take on GGG just because he didn't have a GGG PPV because Eubank Jr pulled out at the last minute. He should've just cancelled the GGG fight and went on with Vargas.

I'm not making excuses for the Spence loss because I think it's going to be trouble even in his next fight which could be a tune up. I can see Brook looking **** in his next fight because of his eye weaknesses and him wanting to quit when it gets too tough.

I think Brook could seriously be done at a world level thinking about it. I mean he could win a vacant belt or beat Callum Smith at 154 but he won't beat many of the top fighters who punch even harder than welters.

Eddie is usually a really good promoter but he's going to look back and think he ****ed up letting Brook fight GGG.
                    I suspected this was the case after the GGG fight and nothing I saw tonight changes that view

People talk about how brave he was against GGG but the fact is that he was badly beaten up and that takes some coming back from

Comment

Working...
                    X