Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Rank having their PR person convince the public that Rigo Stinks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
    I just thought he's a super skilled and defensive wizard, but it's just there's no spark in him, I think many will agree with me here, he's just not born be a star, he can be a boxing god to real boxing lover but wont be a boxing star....
    And there is no problem with that. Star power depends on where your from, how you look and how you act. Not how you perform in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
      Dont keep up with Rafael's writing, what did he say?
      Anything he could to put down the win. Rigo didn't want to fight, was safety first, he was running, he is boring, Donaire was the only one looking to fight, etc...

Now it's bad enough in itself, but when you consider Rafael is also a Wlad Klitschko nuthugger, he's just taking the piss. At no point did he feel like mentioning Rigo threw more and landed more.

All in al though, PBP's comment summed this situation up about as well as possible.

Comment

Arum is trying to get Rigondo out if his shell. but Arum is just starting fact. didn't know that light- skinned Cubans didn't support dark-skinned Cubans. also it's possible to be awed by the skill and ability that Rigondo has but also think that it's boring and won't sell.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          And there is no problem with that. Star power depends on where your from, how you look and how you act. Not how you perform in the ring.
          I agree with you here, but you should consider also how you perform also in the ring.

for example: america is the boxing dream(which is true lol)
          and criteria to become a star
          where you from(40%): klitshcko bro, if they're from america, mayweather will only be in the 3rd famous boxer
          how you look(20%): almost same above ^^^
          how you act(10%): either humble or trash talker, doesnt matter so much
          how you perform(30%):self-explanatory

Comment

Ppl..look..Rigo just owned a P4P top 5..he just shout out the boxer of the year who was knocking out P4P fighters in 4 divisions and he did it with ease..Making look Donaire like if he have not a chance...After the fight we saw every fan was impressed at the point that he pass from a non-proved soso fighter to a boxing good..everybody know that he is not loosing anytime soon..fighters allways wanted to fight Donaire but nobody want to fight Rigo after this..Rigo is in top of the food chain now and nobody want to mess with him..I saw thing that I never saw before like the best fighters in his division saying that they are not ready for Rigo(Carl Frantom's trainer)..this guy only have 13 fights and is way ahead of everyone there..who Arum gonna put to fight against Rigo is he and the media hyper him?..it will be wise for top rank to hype Rigo as a unbeatable guy..We know, Mijarez know, Terrazas knows,Framton know, Scott Quinn knows, Johnattan Oquendo knows, everybody knows that to fight Rigo is a strat out loss..it is like give up their belts..I don't think that a guy like that is easy to promote..Arum is gonna have to come out with some bigger **** than this one for make the fight winnable in a contender mind or Rigo will go back to fight unknown prospects. ..good morning for all my BS friends..and for the others too..

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87
              I'm guessing arum only saying this cause its the truth.I dont understand
              about white cubans not supporting black cubans?Whats up with
              that?Curious to see what arum does with rigo next.
              You still rolling with this myth? I'm a white Cuban. Cubanborn looks as white as they get ( ) and we support Rigo...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy
                I just thought he's a super skilled and defensive wizard, but it's just there's no spark in him, I think many will agree with me here, he's just not born be a star, he can be a boxing god to real boxing lover but wont be a boxing star....
                No spark in him? Not sure what you mean by that but didn't you see him trading with Donaire at times and whenever he got hit he returned fire even harder?

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                  Arum is trying to get Rigondo out if his shell. but Arum is just starting fact. didn't know that light- skinned Cubans didn't support dark-skinned Cubans. also it's possible to be awed by the skill and ability that Rigondo has but also think that it's boring and won't sell.
                  That's simple not true..in Cuba there is not racism at all..I never even look the color of somebody skin..if he is cuban is all what I care..I m a white cuban super nationalistic as it is cubanguyNYC, Brickcityboxing and cubanborn87 and Rigo is a god for us..I don't even want him to be white, I like him as he is, if I will see him anyday I will hug him and tell him how proud I m of him to be cuban..I live in miami between a million cuban or cuban-american and I never knew anybody who don't support Rigo cuz he is black..we all love him..everybody is talking about him in every gas station every supermarker, everywhere. .belive me the is a million mortals in miami adoring our black Cuban God Guillermo"the jackal"Rigondeaux who is not really black, he is golden....

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
                    No spark in him? Not sure what you mean by that but didn't you see him trading with Donaire at times and whenever he got hit he returned fire even harder?

that's not what I meant with spark, i'll say it, he has no charisma, like dela hoya's, khan's, floyd's, manny's
                    but we'll see about rigo's, besides he's only 12-0 and on 30s, we just need to be patient, yes he beat donaire but not in exciting fashion, must be exciting to others but not to most
                    another is donaire lost to RIGO, yet they're already anticipating him fight at 126

Comment

I thought the same thing. At the end of the fight, instead of Bob building up Rigo he burned him by telling the reporters that Rigondeaux's style of fighting was not fan friendly and hard to sell. It's like Rigo said the crowd was booing Nonito cause he didn't take chances to beat Rigo and could not figure out how to beat him after saying he was faster, stronger and had a better ring IQ. This was Bob's opportunity to sell a new star. Just like he did with Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X