Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did norton deserve the nod over ali in there last fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did norton deserve the nod over ali in there last fight?

Ali was the master of stealing rounds by closing rounds strong. Did he win this fight?

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
    Ali was the master of stealing rounds by closing rounds strong. Did he win this fight?

Norton won more rounds than Ali and deserved the decision. He probably should have been more aggressive though.

Comment

I thought Norton won. Funny a week or so after the fight, they did the rebroadcast on national tv. They had a panel of boxing personalities judge the fight in the studio. In the end they ended up with a draw verdict. At the time I was like yeah right! But I lost 50 dollars on the fight and back then I was a bit more biased(maybe).

Comment

As a body of work over the 15 rounds Norton was the more dominant force. The rounds that he won were rather bigger and more dominant than the rounds that Ali shaded/nicked. Ali certainly took more punishment than Norton did over the distance.

The problem was, that a good argument could be made that Ali 'nicked' 8 of the 15......and thats how I scored it. The Champion will often get the benefit of the doubt in a close round.....and with it being Ali, thats clearly what the judges and ref did!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X