No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is a freak of nature and not much else

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    :haha; I guess my comment just flew over your head huh? I never said Judah went to the Olympics... Show me where I said it...

And, I know Judah didn't go to the Olympics he lost in the qualifying match... Against, I guess you can say much more skillful, David Diaz. Since in Amateur which makes you very skill Diaz beat Judah.

Speaking of which. I guess we can say David Diaz is much more skillful then Pac. Going by your logic, Diaz is an amateur standout and Pac isn't. Diaz has been fighting longer than Pac.

Put all this together David Diaz is more skilled than Pac. Great logic you have their.

So he had the tools but never used them? If he never used them then how do you know he had the tools? Every time I watch Judah I see him pulling straight back with his hands down... That is not good technical defensive skills. Matter of fact that is very poor technical defensive skills. Maybe you should watch him a little bit more closely...

And, then add to the fact that his reflex wasn't even all that for him to get away with that ala Ali, Roy Jones, and Pernell Whitaker.... Judah actually got hit a lot... So I don't really know what you're talking about. I don't think you even know what you talking about.
    Sorry about bringing up Judah on the Olympic squad, I do know that Diaz went to the Olympics and beat out Judah. I do understand that Diaz also had a better amateur style than Judah does, awkward defensive style. My point was that Judah has developed skills over a 27 year span, he just has more experience and training. I don't see how experience doesn't play into skill especially when you start at six. It just becomes a part of you. He has a wider variety of punches and combinations.

Where did I ever say he never used his skills I merely meant that his skills weren't that important if he didn't use them at the correct moment. If you are to lazy to smother a punch and back up you will get caught at the end. If you throw a straight right to the head when you should have thrown a left hook to the body it will not land. Using things at the right moments is just as important as owning the skill set. Intellect becomes a huge part of skills. You can have all the skills in the world but if you don't use them right or aren't smart enough to use them right they will be pointless as Judah has proven.

Comment

• Originally posted by poeticlsykuac View Post
      Why does everyone ignore my comment about intellect I don't get it. Just because you have a skill doesn't mean you use it. Is it that hard to figure out that Judah was lazy, immature, and stupid? What does that mean? Not using skill sets, cutting corners(such as back straight up), not staying focused.
      a stupid person yet skilled? that sounds oxymoronic. maybe you're not talking about skills. skills is something you earn from training and experience. how can anybody with a poor intellect can have so much skills?

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
        a stupid person yet skilled? that sounds oxymoronic. maybe you're not talking about skills. skills is something you earn from training and experience. how can anybody with a poor intellect can have so much skills?
        Michael Phelps is suppose to be very dumb in person would you say he is unskilled? Lawrence Taylor was known for forgetting the playbook so he would automatically blitz the QB. Jamarcus Russell could throw 65 yards sitting down. Vick could run a 4.2 and throw 60+ yards. There are 4 examples on both sides. Should I continue to think of more where you prove yourself wrong?

Comment

Sorry about bringing up Judah on the Olympic squad, I do know that Diaz went to the Olympics and beat out Judah. I do understand that Diaz also had a better amateur style than Judah does, awkward defensive style. My point was that Judah has developed skills over a 27 year span, he just has more experience and training. I don't see how experience doesn't play into skill especially when you start at six. It just becomes a part of you. He has a wider variety of punches and combinations.

Where did I ever say he never used his skills I merely meant that his skills weren't that important if he didn't use them at the correct moment. If you are to lazy to smother a punch and back up you will get caught at the end. If you throw a straight right to the head when you should have thrown a left hook to the body it will not land. Using things at the right moments is just as important as owning the skill set. Intellect becomes a huge part of skills. You can have all the skills in the world but if you don't use them right or aren't smart enough to use them right they will be pointless as Judah has proven.
          I honestly think you confusing talent, athleticism, and flashiness with skill...

Skill wise Pac is better. I don't care how much experience Judah has. Pac has the better footwork, defensively Pac is arguably better, Judah gets hit a lot and pulling straight back with your hands down doesn't help especially when you don't have the reflex of Ali, Jones, Whitaker. Offensively Pac is better. The only punch that Judah has the he throws better than Pac is the uppercut. Pressure wise Pac is more skilled.

Pac is just the more skillful fighter. Look at the Judah-Pac thread. And, read the post from Crold, Tesla Power, and DWeins so you could get a better understanding on how Pac is more skillful.

Comment

Michael Phelps is suppose to be very dumb in person would you say he is unskilled? Lawrence Taylor was known for forgetting the playbook so he would automatically blitz the QB. Jamarcus Russell could throw 65 yards sitting down. Vick could run a 4.2 and throw 60+ yards. There are 4 examples on both sides. Should I continue to think of more where you prove yourself wrong?
            that's exactly the point of this thread. can you consider inborn abilities as skills in boxing? speed, power and good reflexes...those are natural abilities. those thing can be enhanced through training but if you don't have it naturally you can never have it no matter how hard you train. i think you're mistaking skills with natural abilities. just like intellect...intellect is not skills but it will help you to gather skills. stupid people find it hard to learn skills...you got what i'm saying?

Comment

Working...
            X