Matthew Hatton "I'LL AVENGE RICKY'S DEFEAT"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew Hatton "I'LL AVENGE RICKY'S DEFEAT"

MATTHEW HATTON: I'LL AVENGE RICKY'S DEFEAT

ABOVE: Matthew Hatton is ready to spill blood in his bid to avenge brother Ricky’s defeat by Mayweather Jnr

MATTHEW Hatton is ready to spill blood in his bid to avenge brother Ricky’s defeat by Floyd Mayweather Jnr.

The Manchester welterweight has already been contacted by Mayweather’s promoter about the possibility of facing the multi-weight world champion in England.

After the £40million mega-fight between Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao was scrapped last week due to a row over taking blood samples for drug testing, Hatton is now being considered as an alternative option by the ‘Pretty Boy’.

The fight would be a huge shock as Matthew has never even boxed for the British welterweight title and had to settle for a draw against Aussie-based Lovemore N’dou for the fringe IBO belt in November.

Mayweather-Pacquiao was KO’d last week after mediation talks failed to resolve differences over tests for performance-enhancing drugs.

Now Filipino Pacquiao, 31, looks set to face Ghana’s Joshua Clottey instead in mid-March. And Mayweather’s Golden Boy promoters have contacted the Hatton camp while New Yorker Paul Malignaggi is another alternative opponent.

Matthew’s brother Ricky was KO’d in the tenth round by Mayweather just over two years ago before the former two-weight world champion was also then halted in two rounds by Pacquiao last May.

Matthew, 28, will agree to any demands over blood tests to ensure he gets the chance to avenge his brother’s defeat by Mayweather. And the former Commonwealth champion said: “It’s ridiculous that Mayweather-Pacquiao is not on."

"It could be the biggest fight of all time. Blood tests are an important thing but, if it stands in the way of it happening, it would be a shame. I would do anything that Mayweather wanted. If you are clean and have got nothing to hide then you don’t let that get in the way."

“Mayweather’s camp have been in touch about three times now.With the Pacquiao fight being called off now, it’s good news for me. My trainer was told by them I’m top of their list of opponents.”

He added: “To pit myself against one of the best fighters of all time, in my opinion, would be an amazing opportunity. It would be a great experience. I’m a very durable fi ghter and have never been put down, so I think I would make it a competitive fight."

“He’s a level above me in terms of class but, in sport, upsets happen. And it only takes one punch in boxing.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/inthering...icky-s-defeat/

Last edited by Wupadupa; 01-09-2010, 09:14 PM.

Oh shyet, it's gonne be the fight of the century Gayweather vs Matthew Hatton.

WAR MATTHEW HATTON!!!

Comment

we need more comedy in boxing. thanks Matt.

Comment

WAR HOMETOWN JUDGES

Comment

if floyd fights m. hatton while pac fights clottey all *****s will have to go into hiding on boxing scene

Comment

It would be a disgrace if this fight where to happen.

Comment

the biggest fight so far

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                WAR HOMETOWN JUDGES
                the judges and refs in england always let ricky get away with all kinds of ****.

Comment

Matthew Hatton is a BEAST!! He will not lose for sure!

Comment

Really, will this fight be acceptable now that Pac is fighting Clottey?

Comment

Working...
                    X