Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's your favorite fighter turned commentator?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roy jones jr..pauile is too weak to be called a fighter, it's like calling a bb gun a real pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I like Paulie. He seems like a guy who's actually there to enhance viewers knowledge of whats happening in the ring & to suggest why they are doing whatever they are doing & why its working or not working. He tends to take himself out of the equation much more than most boxers turned commentators too. Some of these other guys are just there to answer Jim's dumb question once every other round + go on some tirade about their own career or some fight they had which seems ill placed while we are watching two other guys' career in real time.
      I like Paul too But u dont like RJJ? I think both of them compliment The Sport very well.

The only announcer Im not too crazy about is the dude, with glasses, who thinks he's funny, who calls Fights along with Paulie on SHO. He's not an ex-Boxer, though, so not relevant to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        roy jones jr..pauile is too weak to be called a fighter, it's like calling a bb gun a real pistol
        Come on now, be nice. Paulie's a god announcer. Heck Max Kellerman is not a Boxer, but h'es an announcer too.

Comment

I like lennox lewis kinda, dunno why. That one british dude is pretty good, forgot his name.

Comment

Lewis was one of my favorite fighters but he sucked as a commentator. I enjoyed Foreman the best because he was unbiased & told it like it was. I liked how he would put himself in the fighters position & what would be going though a fighters mind during tough moments, etc. He was always butting heads with Merchant which made for some good telecasts. I also liked Tarver. I never liked Roy Jones. I remember Holyfield doing a telecast & he was brutal. He couldn't keep up to the action & I won't forget the best damn sports show commentary of James Toney. Holy F**k it was the worst ever! You couldn't understand him he sounded so punch drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
              + Both Jones & SRL are fun as fugg to imitate...
              (It's my ish to do RJJ)
              Rjj look like he about to rap at any minute

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I probably didn't word that 2nd part right cuz I don't disagree with what you are saying, but largely I think Paulie is trying to move things forward with the fight on hand with a story or antidote from his past fights while other guys like RJJ or Big George would spit out a one liner about "y'all musta forgot" or about Ali or something that really has nothing or virtually nothing to do with what we're watching.

And that's not to say Paulie doesn't go too far down the rabbithole of some random fight he had at some points for no good reason, but he's definitely a far less often offender of that sorta thing vs other boxing commentators.
              Yeah i know what you mean. Well said guy. Cant green ya right now doe

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
                Come on now, be nice. Paulie's a god announcer. Heck Max Kellerman is not a Boxer, but h'es an announcer too.
                ok, paulie's eyebrows are so pretty and he's mouthy like a true woman

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  Lewis was one of my favorite fighters but he sucked as a commentator. I enjoyed Foreman the best because he was unbiased & told it like it was. I liked how he would put himself in the fighters position & what would be going though a fighters mind during tough moments, etc. He was always butting heads with Merchant which made for some good telecasts. I also liked Tarver. I never liked Roy Jones. I remember Holyfield doing a telecast & he was brutal. He couldn't keep up to the action & I won't forget the best damn sports show commentary of James Toney. Holy F**k it was the worst ever! You couldn't understand him he sounded so punch drunk.
                  Good **** mang. Green k sent. Also lol@ tooney. He's still boxing right?

Comment

ok, paulie's he's a good announcer like a true man
                    HAHAHA. I was just Talking about as a sports commentator, he Knows what he's Talking about. Good announcer.

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
                      HAHAHA. I was just Talking about as a sports commentator, he Knows what he's Talking about. Good announcer.
                      have you ever seen his cotto scorecards?...it's 12-0 on his scorecards.. and don't ask him about pac, he menstruates every time at that very moment

Comment

Working...
                      X