Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Aaron Pryor the unluckiest fighter ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hie near perfect record would just have a few more losses. Too bad he didn't beat or try to rematch Bobby Joe Young. I imagine he was too far gone from his cocaine use by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Hie near perfect record would just have a few more losses. Too bad he didn't beat or try to rematch Bobby Joe Young. I imagine he was too far gone from his cocaine use by then.
      Aaron was lucky he didn't face a prime Bobby Joe Young, who could have cold****ed him into another realm.

Comment

Pryor was quiet lucky actually, he had Panama Lewis and his special water that helped him win the biggest fight of his career.

Ray Leonard and Duran would have mauled Pryor, so from that perspective, Pryor was once again lucky he didn't get those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
          Aaron was lucky he didn't face a prime Bobby Joe Young, who could have cold****ed him into another realm.
          bullshyte, a prime version of Pryor> any version of Young. Young wasn't that quality of a fighter.

Comment

Can you imagine Pryor standing in with a prime Tommy Hearns? My God, Hearns would have put him in a coma.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
              bullshyte, a prime version of Pryor> any version of Young. Young wasn't that quality of a fighter.
              But he could crack, and Aaron knew it. Wouldn't have surprised me in Aaron fought Bobby Joe in 1983, and got knocked out.If he didn't lose to Kevin Howard in 1982, Young could have probably ended up champ in the post-Leonard era.Believe that.

Comment

The cloud of Panama Lewis will always hang over Pryor's best wins. Spiking a little drink is nothing to a man willing to remove the padding from his fighter's gloves. No one can ever prove something untoward happened, but there is rather strong circumstantial evidence that Pryor was drinking a substance other than water against the thin man. If there was skullduggery going on, poor ignorant Pryor may not have even realized it.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                  Naw, he beat the great Alexis Arguello, even tho Arguello was fighting out of his best weight class which was 135, not once but twice so there's that.

He loses to Duran, SRL but beats Boom Boom Mancini.
                  That is a legit win in your eyes?
                  Do you consider Resto v Collins Jr a legit win?

I believe Pryors entire boxing record should be considered tainted.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                    The cloud of Panama Lewis will always hang over Pryor's best wins. Spiking a little drink is nothing to a man willing to remove the padding from his fighter's gloves. No one can ever prove something untoward happened, but there is rather strong circumstantial evidence that Pryor was drinking a substance other than water against the thin man. If there was skullduggery going on, poor ignorant Pryor may not have even realized it.
                    I don't mean to sound overly harsh but I don't consider
                    his record to be real.

Their is no doubt in my mind he used stimulants and asthma medication against the aging featherweight.

But I think their are more troubling questions like who else was cheated by pryor?
                    Did Pryor really have legendary stamina or was it all just the drugs?
                    And most troubling of all did Pryor ever assault a boxer with tampered gloves?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      I was reading an article-they had pulled alot of the info from wikipedia, so not sure how accurate it is,,,

it stated that he was offered a duran fight, but his lawyer didnt want him to sign till a new deal was worked out with pryor's manager,, by the time that was done, duran had moved on

then that pryor had a deal with SRL to fight, but then SRL had his detached retina

later he was suppose to get a big fight vs mancini but then mancini lost to honeygan

Those would have been 3 classic fights, and aaron missed out on them,,,

Is he the unluckiest fighter

how do you guys think that those fights would have gone...
                      Mancini never fought Honeyghan. You meant Bramble.
                      He was not unlucky not to have fought Duran or Leonard, he was very lucky he didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X