Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Where Did Rigo Hurt His Hand? In The Dressing Room?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Some people really went out of their way, and Rigo shit the bed like that on them. Even sitting at home I was disgusted. Never gonna live this one down.
    I feel TERRIBLE for Rigo fans. I know what it's like to support a fighter when he starts to slip into obscurity and isn't getting any big fights, or respect, etc. Then comes the big chance, and you wait nervously to see what happens.

Frustration can cause a variety of emotions. Some boxers aggressive and start swinging for the fences. Others shell up from fear. Some get dirty. And, some just quit. He's not a 22 y/o who needs to look after his hand health for future fights. This was it. This was the big chance and even though I didn't expect him to win, I fully expected him to go out like a spartan.

Long-time Rigo fans have weathered through a lot. You guys deserved so much better than that last night, even if he wasn't going to get the W.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
      Rigo is such a proud guy, he can't take looking bad. It's ok to be proud of your skills but sometimes it can be too much of a good thing.
      Pride cometh before the fall.

But I don’t think it’s just pride. It’s a combination of a few things. Rigondeaux talked a lot of shit before this fight. That’s a lot of crow to eat. Too damn embarrassing. Also, Rigo literally doesn’t know what it’s like to lose. Hard to wrap your mind around that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commie View Post
        400k purse plus 250k for throwing
        speaking as a huge rigo fan, that sounds about right

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
          You're refering to Loma as TBE? Yes, Rigo did get schooled by him! Finally you got something correct.

Now, stay in school, dummy..., you may learn something one day. :bukkake:
          Nice way to handle a troll

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I feel TERRIBLE for Rigo fans. I know what it's like to support a fighter when he starts to slip into obscurity and isn't getting any big fights, or respect, etc. Then comes the big chance, and you wait nervously to see what happens.

Frustration can cause a variety of emotions. Some boxers aggressive and start swinging for the fences. Others shell up from fear. Some get dirty. And, some just quit. He's not a 22 y/o who needs to look after his hand health for future fights. This was it. This was the big chance and even though I didn't expect him to win, I fully expected him to go out like a spartan.

Long-time Rigo fans have weathered through a lot. You guys deserved so much better than that last night, even if he wasn't going to get the W.
            Thanks, bro. I expected Vasyl to win last night, but I was hopeful a miracle might be in the cards. Wouldn’t be the first time. The last thing I expected was this. By the middle rounds, I thought Rigo would just make this his ugliest fight yet, holding, bending at the waist and spoiling. As bad a rep as he has for his chin, and although he was in against a bigger man, I couldn’t see him knocked out. He would’ve been so much better off going the way of Gamboa versus Crawford and going out like a champ. No one would’ve faulted him. To the contrary, he would’ve gained respect. He chose a terrible way to finish his career, to say the least. And although Rigondeaux may continue fighting, practically speaking, I believe this was the end of the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
              you couldn't even be consistent with Redd's context besides Ward. Redd was saying all week that size will play a huge variable no matter how you spin it. Even Nelo had to throw bombs to move Golovkin, same reason as the durability is the advantage of the bigger guy, which is why Nelo couldn'T put JCC Jr. away, and Golovkin and he were by far Nelo's biggest adversaries. It took years from Nelo starting at 140 to be acclimated where he is now. Rigo went two divisions higher, which is what Redd had been saying.

By the fourth round, I was worried that Rigo would win at all because he wasn't doing his 1-2s, again, as he did in Rd1.
              Canelo was 15 years old when he started fighting at 140.

It took him 12 years to acclimatize to being 27 years old.

Comment

• I think Rigo hurt his hand the same place Mayweather hurt his shoulder in the first Jose Luis Castillo fight...

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                  Are you talking about Loma or Rigo? Both are communists and im fans of both while being WHITE

Well i guess people like you, white trash trailer park boys who **** their own family members, are not american either

Go watch nascar or something

YOU ARE NOT PATRIOTIC AND YOU ARE NOT AMERICAN

REAL AMERICANS SUPPORT THEIR OWN
                  You have to always support an american fighter or your not patriotic? I served 4 years in the Army and put my life on this line for America and people like you and im a fan of loma and I rooted for Manny against floyd and honestly if you are patriotic you would realize this is America and people are allowed to be a fan of whoever they want, thats one of the things that makes America so great we are guaranteed freedom of speech, religion, and a lot of other things so im not going to feel obligated to support someone who constantly physically abuses women and runs like hell in fights just because hes an american

Comment

• He didn't hurt his hand. The only way he could have maybe hurt his hand is from all that holding he was doing, with Loma tugging away trying to stop Rigo from keeping him still.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
                      He didn't hurt his hand. The only way he could have maybe hurt his hand is from all that holding he was doing, with Loma tugging away trying to stop Rigo from keeping him still.
                      He landed 15 punches ffs its physically impossible to hurt your hand with gloves on after 15 punches esp. him being a pro.

I knew not to believe the hype about "2 gold medalist going to war" I remember thinking since when has Olympic boxing been entertaining in any way whatsoever?

But the bottom line was that Rigo had zero intention of winning that fight,no pro fighter can get hit with 35 mostly grazing punches & get so damaged they quit,esp. at this weight,it wasn't like loma was landing cleanly,or ever hurt rigo,Rigo just pulled a chavez Jr.

It seems like when fighters have nothing left to fight for nowadays they quit like complete cowards since they only cared about that last payday.

Shameful times...

Oh yeah & no I don't think it would've mattered if rigo didn't coward out. He would've still been kod.
                      Last edited by kushking; 12-10-2017, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X