5. Julian Jackson
    6. Naseem Hamed
    7. Stanley Ketchell
    8. Carlos Zarate
    9. Thomas Hearns
    10. Khaosai Galaxy

Comment

• Originally posted by GJC View Post
      Lots of posts and haven't read them all, but anyone mention Archie Moore?
      I think because the thread is "hardest" punchers rather than "greatest" punchers. I'm not really convinced Moore had one shot power although he certainly had good power. If the guestion was "greatest" punchers than yeah, Moore HAS to make any short list. And really "greatest" punchers is a more prestigous list in my book since "hardest" is just one factor in what makes a great puncher while "greatest" means the total package.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        I think because the thread is "hardest" punchers rather than "greatest" punchers. I'm not really convinced Moore had one shot power although he certainly had good power. If the guestion was "greatest" punchers than yeah, Moore HAS to make any short list. And really "greatest" punchers is a more prestigous list in my book since "hardest" is just one factor in what makes a great puncher while "greatest" means the total package.

Poet
        Yeah maybe not concussive one punch power like Jackson or Shavers but he could dig Archie.

Comment

• I always think Edwin Rosario gets overlooked in these debates. I think he was a brutal puncher.

Comment

• not many people mention max baer.
            he did kill frankie cambell and ko the 6 foot 8 280 pound primo carnera.

Comment

• Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              P4P

1. Jimmy Wilde
              2. Wilfredo Gomez
              3. Sandy Saddler
              4. Archie Moore
              5. Julian Jackson
              6. Naseem Hamed
              7. Stanley Ketchell
              8. Carlos Zarate
              9. Thomas Hearns
              10. Khaosai Galaxy

How can you have Ketchel at 7 and Fitz not even on your list when they both proved that their power translated all the way up to heavy

Hearns and Hamed, please

Comment

• Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                Hamed is really a good puncher but their is no way to prove that he can hit harder than Pac, case in point, they have one common opponent (MAB), Hamed never could put MAB down, but against Pac MAB kiss canvas thrice, so who's the harder puncher....

let me explain why what your saying is not necessarily true.
                Pac might have put MAB down because he is the more skilled fighter,and was able to penetrate MAB defence , whereas Hamed would have had trouble.
                Just because you have power,doesn't mean you can always land your shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
                  let me explain why what your saying is not necessarily true.
                  Pac might have put MAB down because he is the more skilled fighter,and was able to penetrate MAB defence , whereas Hamed would have had trouble.
                  Just because you have power,doesn't mean you can always land your shots.
                  I agree with you. Hamed P4P was a massive freakish hitter. In the Barrera fight his boxing skills were a joke and he never landed clean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                    And what a masterful job he did against former cruiserweight Evander Holyfield
                    what u mean? evander had a steel chin!

Comment

• 1. foreman
                      2. tua
                      3. jackson
                      4. hearns
                      5. hamed

Comment

Working...
                      X