Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Usyk eventually move to heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Usyk eventually move to heavyweight?

It seems like he'll probably win the WBSS at cruiserweight. Will there be anything for him at cruiserweight afterward for him, or will he see what he can do at HW after?

And if so, which heavyweights of name could he beat?

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
    It seems like he'll probably win the WBSS at cruiserweight. Will there be anything for him at cruiserweight afterward for him, or will he see what he can do at HW after?

of course he will. there's a ton of money to be made at HW. a ton!

that guy would make deontay wilder look like a novice. which he kind of still is

you have to worry about joshua, however, who has skills in addition to being potentially insurmountably larger and more powerful, and whose hcin iwll likely be too good for usyk to crack without sustained damage.

usyk's a very good fighter, and if he can have success at HW he has a chance to do great things in boxing. just gotta keep that chin tucked and weather the storms when they come because at HW they're gonna come!

Comment

just realized your name is julia slobberts

well played, dog.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        just realized your name is julia slobberts

well played, dog.

Lol, thanks!

Comment

He's big as hell and cruiser is dead in the US (where they've been trying to feature him). I think we'll see a HW move before long.

Comment

He gets put to sleep easily by Wilder and Joshua

Comment

Usyk is already the 2nd or 3rd best heavyweight out there. I'd pick him to beat Parker with ease. One thing I wouldn't do if I were Usyk is to blow up. He doesn't have to be heavy to be effective.

Comment

I favour him but its no foregone conclusion he wins the WBSS but yh he's stated a few times he looks to move up in the near future.

I think he beats all the HWs like Parker, Ruiz, etc who certainly aren't any more of a challenge than the top Cruiserweights I'm just not sure about the 'SHWs' if you will like Joshua & the likes.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post

Usyk's thoughts on moving up to HW. Quotes from 2017:

“Yes of course I have plans [to go to heavyweight] but there’s plenty of good champions at cruiserweight, I need the three other titles first!
                  “It’s very important for me to have all the titles, there are other guys saying ‘I am a champion’ but when you have all four belts there is no question who is the champion of the division,” he added.

"I'm not going to do it for revenge [over Wladimir's defeat], but I do want to fight [Joshua]. I'll be at heavyweight within three years," Usyk said.
                  He'll most likely reach the final in the CW tournament so I think 2019 will be the year he moves up to HW

Comment

Working...
                  X