No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Heather Hardy Wins MMA Debut With TKO on Bellator Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Heather Hardy Wins MMA Debut With TKO on Bellator Card

Undefeated WBC International featherweight champion Heather Hardy (20-0, 4 KOs in boxing) won her professional MMA debut with a bloody third round TKO over Alice Yauger - as part of Bellator's debut in New York City. The event took place at Madison Square Garden. Hardy, of Brooklyn, had the crowd going wild when she dropped Yauger with a vicious right. Hardy suffered a deep cut over her left eye following an accidental head-butt. Even the New York crowd gasped when blood gushed down Hardy's face. Hardy wiped it off, then wiped out Yauger while the crowd roared.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I watched this. Great job by Hardy . She scored a great knockdown.

Comment

heather already won me over at the weigh in with that sexy one piece!

Comment

More of those one-pieces by Hardy

Comment

Bruh, Heather Hardy made more money in her Bellator debut then she did IN ANY BOXING MATCH EVER. She's a two weight ****ing world champion. This sport is a joke with their treatment of female boxers

Comment

Originally posted by skillspaybills View Post
            bruh, heather hardy made more money in her bellator debut then she did in any boxing match ever. She's a two weight ****ing world champion. This sport is a joke with their treatment of female boxers
            ufc fans spend 10 times more money on female fights and ppv than boxing fans do on female boxers.... Cheap boxing fans are the ones to blame that dnt support femals fighters...

Comment

Hardy showed some good take down defense. I hope they carefully match her - because of her age and that division has take down hawks, especially at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Bruh, Heather Hardy made more money in her Bellator debut then she did IN ANY BOXING MATCH EVER. She's a two weight ****ing world champion. This sport is a joke with their treatment of female boxers

You're right, boxing promoters and boxing TV is really missing out on the potential of female boxers. I don't watch much MMA but I for sure watch when it's women like Roussey, Holms, Nunes. In fact the only reason I watched Bellator last night was to see Heather Hardy. She really put on a good show--such impressive head movement.

It's exciting to watch these kind of fighters and UFC has no trouble arranging for a great female fighter to headline a major event--and the MMA fans knows that these kind of women are the real deal. I once heard a boxing old-timer say he'll believe in women's boxing when a woman kills an opponent in the ring--well, let's pray that never happens, but the day where it could happen has arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                  Hardy showed some good take down defense. I hope they carefully match her - because of her age and that division has take down hawks, especially at the top.

Over the decades it's been really clear how the importance of boxing/striking has influenced todays MMA fights. Ronda was dethroned mostly because she didn't keep up with the changes that would require better boxing skills. Mcgregor wins because of strikes and last night Heather Hardy showed what a good overhand right and some bloody impressive boxing head-movement can do--along with that good take-down defence you mention.

Just great to see her bring her boxing talent into the fight in the way she did. I agree too; I hope they bring her along slowly though. (Not throw her to the lions the way Lemieux was thrown at GGG too soon)

She is "old" for a fighter but she's got up to 5 years, (Adonis Stevenson started very late as well---which is why he only fight occasionally--smart man.) So I hope to see Hardy moving up slowly and steadily---maybe she won't become a champ in MMA but she'll give us all some great fights to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by TaurusJ27 View Post
                    I watched this. Great job by Hardy . She scored a great knockdown.
                    Yeah Man! Heather Hardy did put on a great show...loved it! I hope she continues to gives us such great entertainment.

Comment

Working...
                    X