No announcement yet.

wilder isnt entitled to special treatment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    Yeah, signing for Pulev was a great win. Legacy definer.
    pulevs a good fighter. as good as anyone wilders beat. 1 loss to klitschko, wow how embarrassing. at least he had the balls to fight him unlike wilder 'we wont be rushed', yeah and joshua wont be rushed to give you a pay day either

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      AJ is the a side. He picked povetkin instead of wilder so he can open DAZN with a non US PPV and can wait until warm weather in England to fight Deontay in Wembley.

Why can't you just be honest about it and move on?

Once again you get mad at Wilder for using the GGG blueprint.
      difference is GGG went after everyone in his division and wilder didnt. him and his team point blank refused to fight klitschko saying they werent ready after 33 fights. theres been plenty of other good fights for him over the years too, not talking megafights but theres been opponents far better than the scrubs hes fought. ortiz is about the only risky fight hes took and hes been a pro for 10 ****ing years lol. look how quick joshuas overtaken him in half the time.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Povetkin and Ortiz are neck and neck. I likely would have put Povetkin ahead when Wilder was set to face him, but that was years ago. Pov looked noticeably slower against Price but it's still a dangerous fight for AJ. I think Povetkins style will give AJ issues and Pov can still bang

that said, who knows how he looks when he gets in the ring. Age on a boxer is different than a lot of sports. He can go in there and look completely done.
        I think Ortiz would probably beat Povetkin right now, but I'm not totally sure.

But I do consider 2017 Ortiz a better fighter than 2018 Povetkin.

Comment

Wilder is an embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
            difference is GGG went after everyone in his division and wilder didnt. him and his team point blank refused to fight klitschko saying they werent ready after 33 fights. theres been plenty of other good fights for him over the years too, not talking megafights but theres been opponents far better than the scrubs hes fought. ortiz is about the only risky fight hes took and hes been a pro for 10 ****ing years lol. look how quick joshuas overtaken him in half the time.
            Not 100% true. Povetkin cheated. If he hadn't, he may have beaten him. GGG took step aside money a number of times.

Agreed he should've fought wlad and agree his resume is mostly trash.

Bottom line, AJ chose not to fight him next for reasons we all understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              He would've been if he didn't cheat.
              Povetkin was cleared of cheating for the Wilder fight after an enquiry because of "insufficient evidence of guilt". The same thing happened with Ortiz.

Wilder gave Ortiz another chance and rescheduled their fight. He didn't do that with Povetkin. I think everybody knows why that was, though some would never admit it.
              Last edited by kafkod; 07-05-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Povetkin was cleared of cheating for the Wilder fight after an enquiry. So was Ortiz. Wilder gave Ortiz another chance and rescheduled their fight. He didn't do that with Povetkin. I think everybody knows why that was, though some would never admit it.
                I already have, but again Povetkin did cheat. His being cleared doesn't change the fact he tested positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
                  pulevs a good fighter. as good as anyone wilders beat. 1 loss to klitschko, wow how embarrassing. at least he had the balls to fight him unlike wilder 'we wont be rushed', yeah and joshua wont be rushed to give you a pay day either
                  Pulev is average and you've missed the point, unsurprisingly. Joshua hasn't fought or beaten Pulev.

I guess the yanks are free to include 'signing for Povetkin' as a win for Wilder then, using your logic.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    Pulev is average and you've missed the point, unsurprisingly. Joshua hasn't fought or beaten Pulev.

I guess the yanks are free to include 'signing for Povetkin' as a win for Wilder then, using your logic.
                    my point was about how hes consistently signed for hard fights back to back. even his replacement was a good solid stand in opponent, many would have used that as a free ride to fight a stiff.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      Povetkin and Ortiz are neck and neck. I likely would have put Povetkin ahead when Wilder was set to face him, but that was years ago. Pov looked noticeably slower against Price but it's still a dangerous fight for AJ. I think Povetkins style will give AJ issues and Pov can still bang

that said, who knows how he looks when he gets in the ring. Age on a boxer is different than a lot of sports. He can go in there and look completely done.
                      It beats me why people rate Ortiz so highly. His best win was Bryant Jennings, and GBP released him from his contract shortly after that when he refused to sign a contract for a final eliminator with Wlad because of a dispute over PED testing.

Povetkin was an Olympic gold medalist. Ortiz never won a medal in over 300 amateur fights and his highest acheivement was reaching the semis of the Cuban nationals.

He is older than Povetkin, maybe by 6 or 7 years, and in very poor physical condition. It was touch and go whether he would be given medical clearence to fight Wilder because of his high blood pressure, and Charles Martin was brought in ready to replace him if he failed the medical.

Head to head, right now, I would put my house on Povetkin KO'ing Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X