Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 better active resumes than GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A person doesn't need to make thread questioning a resume.

You look at it (with unbiased eyes) and see if anything there impresses you about who the guy fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
      Yeah idk man I always thought that he never got nearly enough credit (on this site really) for his Ws...he ran through a number of quality fighters which history shows is really not easy to do.

But yeah in his prime he would have been formidable for anyone around that weight I think.
      The division was garbage in his prime. It's not his fault. A lot of great figures got old and left and a lot of these newer guys weren't around yet. Looking back, it's SO obvious why Canelo fought at Caneloweight for so long. He really did wait out GG.

Comment

GGG
        SD
        Jacobs
        Brook
        Murray
        Lemieux
        Monroe
        Stevens
        Geale
        Rosado
        Ouma
        Proksa
        Rubio
        Macklin
        Vanes - eh
        Rolls - eh
        Adama - eh
        Ishida (if you give Kirkland to Canelo...gotta give a clean one here for Ishida since Ishida KOed Kirkland)

That's 17 for GGG...7 for Usyk...8 for AJ...7 for Spence...you could probably give or take a couple but honestly unless I am missing some that's about where all those guys are at now.
        GGG
        Brook (?????)
        Lemieux (?????)
        Monroe (?????)
        Stevens (?????)
        Rosado (?????)
        Ouma (?????)
        Proksa (?????)
        Rubio (?????)
        Vanes - eh (more like WTF !!!!)
        Rolls - eh (more like WTF !!!!)
        Adama - eh (more like WTF !!!!)
        Ishida (if you give Kirkland to Canelo...gotta give a clean one here for Ishida since Ishida KOed Kirkland) (this is a joke, right ????)

I'm at a loss for words

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          The division was garbage in his prime. It's not his fault. A lot of great figures got old and left and a lot of these newer guys weren't around yet. Looking back, it's SO obvious why Canelo fought at Caneloweight for so long. He really did wait out GG.
          Yeah idk man that list of top 10 or so that I had for him...even if the division was weak in some people's opinions...and I have no real opinion on that to be honest...I think it was probably pretty average while he was in his prime but that is my 2 cents.

I don't really see how someone like DSG could be listed as having a better wins/resume than even those over guys like Jacobs, Murray, Derevy, Lemieux etc...I mean I would struggle to get close to 10 quality wins for Danny and it is pretty easy for GGG.

Maybe I am missing a lot of Danny's good wins or something...but yeah I don't see how GGG's list could be considered as garbage and saying Lemieux, Jacobs, SD etc are bad...but Paulie Lamont and Matthyse are great wins...yeah I just personally don't get that one at all lol.
          Last edited by Boxing_1013; 11-15-2019, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Nietes hasn’t lost a fight in 15 years, is a four division champion and has a win over a three division champion.

Originally posted by tjones1989 View Post
            Nietes? You crazy, man, that lil dude has a TRASH RESUME!

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
              A person doesn't need to make thread questioning a resume.

You look at it (with unbiased eyes) and see if anything there impresses you about who the guy fought.
              Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
              GGG
              Brook (?????)
              Lemieux (?????)
              Monroe (?????)
              Stevens (?????)
              Rosado (?????)
              Ouma (?????)
              Proksa (?????)
              Rubio (?????)
              Vanes - eh (more like WTF !!!!)
              Rolls - eh (more like WTF !!!!)
              Adama - eh (more like WTF !!!!)
              Ishida (if you give Kirkland to Canelo...gotta give a clean one here for Ishida since Ishida KOed Kirkland) (this is a joke, right ????)

I'm at a loss for words
              Right...so who would you list as the top five resumes currently?

And again if all of those guys are bad wins for GGG..then literally every current fighter would have like 1 or 2 good wins at most lol.

And to your last comment about being a joke...I'm confused...people list Kirkland as a good win for Canelo...Ishida KOed Kirkland...why would that be a good win for Canelo but KOing the guy who KOed Kirkland isn't a good win...like how does that makes sense lol...like even if you are a Canelo guy, I don't really get the logic there my friend.

Comment

I’m not saying Spence has a better resume, I’m saying it could be argued he does and he’s just one of the very few.

It’s because of Brook, Porter and Garcia.

GGG hasn’t beaten anyone at middleweight who’s better than Brook was p4p. I know he beat Brook but Brook moved up two divisions for that fight. Porter is about equivalent to what Danny Jacobs is. Mikey Garcia is better than anyone GGG beat but he moved up a division for that fight.

Thanks for the post...and man I like Spence...but his resume is basically what GGG's was...like 6 years ago lol...I don't really see that one...Loma would have an argument right now...but I'll list GGG's best wins below...and will list Loma's here...I don't really see Loma's ahead of GGG right now...which makes sense since Loma only has 15 fights right now.

GRJr
                Linares
                Walters
                Rigo
                Pedraza
                Campbell
                Roman Martinez

If I am missing one or two let me know.

For GGG - just official wins - not even getting into how dominant he was vs Loma, or unofficial wins in my eyes etc.

SD
                Jacobs
                Brook
                Murray
                Lemieux
                Monroe
                Stevens
                Macklin
                Ouma
                Geale

And I could list like another 5-6 good wins for him as well.

Thanks for the reply...I don't follow the little fellas too much so can't comment on them.

On DSG...I would say he has a good resume...here would be his top 10 wins...add any in if I am missing some:

Paulie
                Peterson
                Matthyse
                Judah
                Khan
                Moralesx2 (I guess...I mean this is like giving Ali to Berbick ya know)

Compared to that list for GGG:

SD
                Jacobs
                Brook
                Murray
                Lemieux
                Monroe
                Stevens
                Macklin
                Ouma
                Geale

And again I think G has about 5 or so more quality wins on his resume...maybe I am missing a couple of Danny's too but I can't see too many...I admit I never really followed 140 and below too much so maybe there are a few other names there for Danny that were solid wins too.

But yeah overall I can't really see him being that close to GGG's at this point...and that is just going on official Ws and not taking into account (as I feel we should) performances in those fights etc.

Comment

Right...so who would you list as the top five resumes currently?

And again if all of those guys are bad wins for GGG..then literally every current fighter would have like 1 or 2 good wins at most lol.

And to your last comment about being a joke...I'm confused...people list Kirkland as a good win for Canelo...Ishida KOed Kirkland...why would that be a good win for Canelo but KOing the guy who KOed Kirkland isn't a good win...like how does that makes sense lol...like even if you are a Canelo guy, I don't really get the logic there my friend.
                  GGG credible wins-
                  Jacobs
                  SD
                  Murray
                  Macklin

(To give GGG Brook and/or Ishida, I'd have to give Nelo Khan and/or JCC jr )

Nelo -
                  GGG
                  Jacobs
                  Kov
                  Cotto
                  Lara
                  Trout
                  Smith
                  This Nelo fan doesn't rank Kirkland as a credible win.

Remember, Nelo is still 29 years old.

As for Kirkland/Ishida...pure fluke. No one was more surprised than Ishida. Besides, we are discussing resumes. Kirkland's resume > Ishida's

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                    I’m not saying Spence has a better resume, I’m saying it could be argued he does and he’s just one of the very few.

It’s because of Brook, Porter and Garcia.

GGG hasn’t beaten anyone at middleweight who’s better than Brook was p4p. I know he beat Brook but Brook moved up two divisions for that fight. Porter is about equivalent to what Danny Jacobs is. Mikey Garcia is better than anyone GGG beat but he moved up a division for that fight.
                    Got ya...yeah the Brook win for Spence is a good one...I guess a bit tainted imo due to the damage/weight fluctuations he took vs GGG...and tbh I never really rated Mikey that high, and yeah going up in weight, I just don't really rate that win for Spence...and honestly as a fan of Spence I was disappointed he didn't get Mikey out of there.

I would say GGG's list of SD, Jacobs, Lemieux and Murray is a good deal better than Spence's list of Mikey, Brook, and Porter....and that's about all Spence has at all...while GGG has imo about another dozen really quality wins.

Like for me just honestly rating those wins for those guys based on the opponent level...I would say...Jacobs, SD, Porter, Brook (demoted due to his issues going in...but 1-4 would be close)...then Murray Lemieux and then Mikey a clear 7th...if he can do anything at WW then I would probably rate that win higher...we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      There's no other explanation. Pure delay game.

And well played.

Comment

Working...
                      X