Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is Of More Value To Society?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illegal 3rd worlders on public aid,,, liberals tell me they are good for the economy

Comment

I assume, in daily life we generally pick the businessman, who creates jobs for us.
      But, when we fall ill, and in need of treatment, we find out the people working in health care are Gods.

Go through real physical pain, and you’ll see richness in every day you wake up healthy.
      And you no longer envy the businessman, and all his money …
      Last edited by Ben Bolt; 11-09-2019, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        the most valuable man in society is the man who is at the end of a long chain of command, who might one day push a button that sends off a nuclear device that would kill most of the world.

Everyday he does not push that button
        He does nothing.
        Still, he is undoubtedly the most valuable man

Comment

will the doctor operate on someone with no health insurance??

does the person who is employing his workers offer healthcare?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
            He does nothing.
            Still, he is undoubtedly the most valuable man
            Well....Is he now? Sounds like my answer is silly and might get one to ask oneself who decided that a person who is more valuable to society is one who does for the most others?

We are programmed to believe certain things: We believe that what is right for the most is just and that what allows one to pursue their interests makes us free... Hence we contradict ourselves but: "No man is an Island" and "every man for himself."

Its like if you have a person who grew up in a commune, and a person from western society and told each of them the following: "You have two sides of an island both produce unlimited amounts of one thing. On one side they produce banannas on the other coconuts...How do these sides devise a way, a standard to trade with each other....How many banannas to coconuts?

So the person from our society will no doubt discuss how hard it might be to get each item, etc.... The person from the commune would no doubt laugh and say: "whats the problem? each side take all they want, there are unlimited amounts of each right?"

That is social programming at work... What about if one says "well we already have plenty of human beings around, so what is the value in serving humanity by protecting, saving more of them?" Or what about the value to society being the preservation of the smartest people? And not the most people?
            These are all issues that can take us out of our comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
              will the doctor operate on someone with no health insurance??

does the person who is employing his workers offer healthcare?
              When Steve Jobs died at the early age he did of Liver cancer, Dick Gregory made the point that IN HIS CHECKING ACCOUNT....Not in an investment account, not in some financial vehicle, offshore account, stock options, but in a mere checking account, the kind we all own with a debit card...JObs had almost a Billion dollars.

Gregory went on to talk about his "cousin in Mississippi who drank cheap wine every day and night and didn't even have a checking account...Lived to be almost 100.

You see the irony here Larry?

A businessman with enough money to lift a whole city out of poverty from his damn CHECKING ACCOUNT... and want to imagine what he had in his other accounts? Just let that money rot and nobody got saved...And yeah the money went to charity I am talking about all the interest it generated that went to the bank while it sat in a checking account. How many impoverished individuals could have been given a house paid for? a college education?

And this business man's expert doctors who save the rich that we need so much, did not save anyone...Jobs might as well have died as an uninsured homeless individual for all the good such a great doctor that saved people did him. As Gregory said "his cousin got the better end of that bargain."

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                When Steve Jobs died at the early age he did of Liver cancer, Dick Gregory made the point that IN HIS CHECKING ACCOUNT....Not in an investment account, not in some financial vehicle, offshore account, stock options, but in a mere checking account, the kind we all own with a debit card...JObs had almost a Billion dollars.

Gregory went on to talk about his "cousin in Mississippi who drank cheap wine every day and night and didn't even have a checking account...Lived to be almost 100.

You see the irony here Larry?

A businessman with enough money to lift a whole city out of poverty from his damn CHECKING ACCOUNT... and want to imagine what he had in his other accounts? Just let that money rot and nobody got saved...And yeah the money went to charity I am talking about all the interest it generated that went to the bank while it sat in a checking account. How many impoverished individuals could have been given a house paid for? a college education?

And this business man's expert doctors who save the rich that we need so much, did not save anyone...Jobs might as well have died as an uninsured homeless individual for all the good such a great doctor that saved people did him. As Gregory said "his cousin got the better end of that bargain."
                That is a damn shame man, I dont understand the thinking or the wealthy, they rather throw away the money then help the less fortunate...But on the flip side no matter what you give some people they will always be trash and have trash mentalities.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Illegal 3rd worlders on public aid,,, liberals tell me they are good for the economy
                  The legal people here on or off public aid are the worst ones man...

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
                    That is a damn shame man, I dont understand the thinking or the wealthy, they rather throw away the money then help the less fortunate...But on the flip side no matter what you give some people they will always be trash and have trash mentalities.
                    I agree with you. Its a great point because when people talk of value to society, the topic of this thread, it seems to me that, one person, taught to have the right mentality and set an example for others, might have more value than Steve Jobs, or the best medically trained individuals under some circumstances.

Lets take someone like you or I. You make it a point to subject your kids to activities that you discuss here and are judged to be character building. What does that do for your kids? and what does it do for their kids in the future? And what does it do when these kids as adults, raised right and taught to succeed, taught that they are loved, valued, etc get together?

My point is that Maybe this value to society is in fact based on single individuals who create value with their actions, more than individuals with status who are in a position to help many with their resources.

Comment

Working...
                    X