Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Felix Trinidad a top 10 ATG welterweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
    I see what You're saying, my post made it sound like He was Jan Zaveck, but realistically - with how historically deep Welterweight division - that resume is weak, relatively.

Norris fight would be amazing - I agree!
    Yea can you just imagine the KDs that would come from that fight. That's one of the few fights that would never be bad no matter how many times they fought. I would pick Tito to win 1st after having come from behind and to get up from a KD or 2. I would prob pick Norris to win rematch because he could really box which has given Tito problems, and also has the power to poss stop him. 3rd I have no idea, prob Norris again due to style. Would not bet a dime on that fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      Stop calling my list a rating. It is simply a list of possible welterweights who would cream Tito.
      that's fair.

But it's interesting you pick Langford, whom you've never seen fight at 147.

If anything Graham is the perfect guy to beat Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        You don't care who Stephen Edwards is? Or you simply don't know?

Go find out first before you run your mouth.

This is a boxing forum, kid. If you don't want to discuss what boxing figures say then what are you even doing here? Fuck off back to your MMA or high school wrestling buddies who might be impressed by your antics.

You haven't earned any respect here. All you've done is shat on yourself and now you're smearing it everywhere.
        Damn! Don't get between you and yo' man!

Do you forgive him whenever he calls you another woman's name?

how's he like his eggs?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -Tito gave as good as he got. He would've lasted the distance but for his pappy's intervention.
          It shows that his pappy loved him... Good for Pappy! You really think He was giving as good as he got that fight? If so, then that ref is a thug hitting poor tito as he fought Hopkins!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            I always think of Tito as limited. Great puncher, very dynamic fighter... But to each his own. I happen to adore Max Bauer as a puncher... He was talented also, Tito was a lot more together than Max...But when he faced a guy who could deal with a puncher as a boxer it wasn't even close. Hopkins was perhaps bigger, but was that really the issue?

How many welters could have done that in the history of boxing? Its hard to say because Welter is a carpet bagging division for many...Like Asteriods coming towards the earth, greats threaten the division, and then there are the mainstays.

I mean we have been discussing Burley, Homicide Hank...how would these guys have done fighting Tito? And Duran, and Robinson, and couldn't Leonard fight at Welter? Floyd? see the problem here? Off the top of my head... now imagine when we start looking carefully at guys who could fight welter; or even big lightweights... Could Tito's punch carry him?

Against Ross, Napolean, Gavilean, Hearns, Pacman, Walker, Mclearen, to name some. I will pose this as a rhetorical question. I never was a big fan of Tito but I love Puerto rican and Cuban fighters in general, they all learn the craft...frankly I like Cotto a lot more than tito. Ha! theres another one!
            I like Cotto too. But he played too many games once he became champ at middle wanting it both ways. He forgot he was defending the 160 title, not the 154 one and pulling that catch weight crap, so I lost some respect for him then.

Comment

- -The Cotto 154/160 titles were a type of artifice at the end of his career. The champs he beat were literally on one leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                I like Cotto too. But he played too many games once he became champ at middle wanting it both ways. He forgot he was defending the 160 title, not the 154 one and pulling that catch weight crap, so I lost some respect for him then.
                Agreed... Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                  - -The Cotto 154/160 titles were a type of artifice at the end of his career. The champs he beat were literally on one leg.
                  He was sort of on his last legs as well truth be told.

Comment

Working...
                  X