No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Canelo-Jacobs Numbers Need To Add Up For NSAC & DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Good Point! I'm having some friends come over and watch the fight. This chick I like asked my what if Canelo loses??? I was like then he loses? No big deal! Not like I'm gonna kick my dog or beat some kids? Canelo fights the best he can have 7 loses! Just don't be fighting now Rolls / Vanes 2 out of 3 fights and I'm good.

Losing to Jacobs is no shame! No fighting him is 10x worse....
    Right! My thoughts exactly.

Comment

my problem with it is Not every fight will be on there. Only DAZN fights. You still have espn+ subscription. And if PBC decides to do one that'll be another if not then thats still 50+ bucks for their PPVs. Then you have FITE TV, WWE network, netflix, and bunch of others. that **** starts to add up. If DAZN was one spot to watch all boxing fights then it would be a easy purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
        I mean if a guy is swinging and missing wildly, constantly, I may give the other guy some credit for that. But very rarely does that happen - the only image in my mind where that happened recently was the one shot Lemieux tried on Saunders. And even then that was just one shot.

And it's about damage man, if I hit you 100 times but miss 100 times, and you hit me twice and miss once. Well I am obviously winning, unless there were any KOs there. Some of the good shots I referenced earlier for Canelo were body shots I believe, so I definitley factor those in when scoring a round.

Honestly before the second fight I pretty much had it 50/50, but then when I watched the fight I saw 5 clear rounds for GGG and 7 close rounds. So I didn't let my prior opinions shape my opinion of the actual fight.

The truth is that as long as GGG isn't completely gun-shy, he will probably always be hard to win clear rounds against, which will make him hard to beat. His jab/workrate/stamina just lead to him constantly scoring round in and round out, throughout the fight.

He can still be beat - he could get hurt by a shot and KD, or even KOd. He could get slowed down by some good shots which would affect his workrate. If someone dances around effectively on him for 12 rounds they may do enough that way as well.

I just haven't seen it happen yet. I mean you have a fight where he outlanded Jacobs by 56 punches, and in 9/11 rounds, in the fight and some people really try and say Jacobs won that fight lol. If the punch stats were reversed in these fights (meaning Jacobs did what GGG did, and vice versa), all the people who have those as close fights, or have GGG losing now, would all of a sudden have GGG losing 10-2. I think that says it all.

when the first justification a fan uses is compubox..... you know they don't have a clue

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          when the first justification a fan uses is compubox..... you know they don't have a clue
          That wasn't at all what I was talking about, but thanks for your opinions Time. Honestly after finding out you are 53 years old I just can't even engage with you anymore man. I just feel really bad for you. Additionally I have 0 interest in getting into any negative interactions on here; they are a waste of time and beneath me.

Unfortunately man that negativity is all you really bring to the table, seemingly incapable of having a balanced cordial unbiased discussion about the sweet science.

I wish you well man and hope that you keep studying the game!

Comment

45-48M for Canelo here? That's a great payday and probably close to what he got in the first GGG fight.

Talking about the judges scorecards are as boring and tiring as talking about the refs in the Warriors/Rockets series. Let's let the fight play out and see what kind of scorecards we get…. Of course unless there is a knockout here.

Comment

That wasn't at all what I was talking about, but thanks for your opinions Time. Honestly after finding out you are 53 years old I just can't even engage with you anymore man. I just feel really bad for you. Additionally I have 0 interest in getting into any negative interactions on here; they are a waste of time and beneath me.

Unfortunately man that negativity is all you really bring to the table, seemingly incapable of having a balanced cordial unbiased discussion about the sweet science.

right.....

first you pulled the typical casual-fan compubox card

then you pulled the age card

race card next..... ?

all I said was..... writing a novel based on compubox stats, is dumb

Comment

right.....

race card next..... ?

The original discussion was about scoring fights, and I referenced official punch stats only in the last paragraph of my 3rd post. I wrote about 5 paragraphs in that post alone and had a couple other similarly lengthy posts with no mention of official punch stats.

I certainly don't always agree with compubox numbers, but often times they do reinforce what I see in the ring. And that was the case in all 3 of GGG's 12 round fights.

I saw him controlling the action and outlanding his opponent almost every round. Obviously his opponents had good moments too, but besides rounds 6 and 10 for Jacobs, I can't think of one automatic round against GGG in those 3 fights, and GGG had about 15 rounds in those fights. And even those 2 rounds for Jacobs weren't exactly dominant and damage-inflicting.

As I said, if GGG fought the fight of Canelo/Jacobs, and vice versa, I think all the people who have GGG losing those fights would then say GGG lost 10-2 instead of 7-5 or whatever they have it, whereas I would score it the same way, but for the opposite guy. I think that says it all.
                Last edited by Boxing_1013; 05-03-2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I mean if a guy is swinging and missing wildly, constantly, I may give the other guy some credit for that. But very rarely does that happen - the only image in my mind where that happened recently was the one shot Lemieux tried on Saunders. And even then that was just one shot.

And it's about damage man, if I hit you 100 times but miss 100 times, and you hit me twice and miss once. Well I am obviously winning, unless there were any KOs there. Some of the good shots I referenced earlier for Canelo were body shots I believe, so I definitley factor those in when scoring a round.

Honestly before the second fight I pretty much had it 50/50, but then when I watched the fight I saw 5 clear rounds for GGG and 7 close rounds. So I didn't let my prior opinions shape my opinion of the actual fight.

The truth is that as long as GGG isn't completely gun-shy, he will probably always be hard to win clear rounds against, which will make him hard to beat. His jab/workrate/stamina just lead to him constantly scoring round in and round out, throughout the fight.

He can still be beat - he could get hurt by a shot and KD, or even KOd. He could get slowed down by some good shots which would affect his workrate. If someone dances around effectively on him for 12 rounds they may do enough that way as well.

I just haven't seen it happen yet. I mean you have a fight where he outlanded Jacobs by 56 punches, and in 9/11 rounds, in the fight and some people really try and say Jacobs won that fight lol. If the punch stats were reversed in these fights (meaning Jacobs did what GGG did, and vice versa), all the people who have those as close fights, or have GGG losing now, would all of a sudden have GGG losing 10-2. I think that says it all.
                  You still don't get it?? And you are VERY inconsistent at scoring....

You don't have Close fights! YOU ONLY do GGG STEAMROLLS 15 rounds to 2

Comment

right.....

race card next..... ?

Wanna fuk with the GGGTARD??? Ask him which rounds GGG Lost??? Bet EVERY FKN time different!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post

How many round you GIFT Canelo??? 1, 2?? 3??? Ohh my BAD after 36 only 4 each time. YOUR JOKE!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X