Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Arum Is Doing Crawford Dirty; Promotes Lomachenko More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Compare Lamont Roach Jr.'s promotion to Ryan Garcia's promotion. Compare Lamont Roach Jr.'s promotion to Vergil Ortiz. Compare Lamont Roach jr. to Alberto Machado.
    My response to that is a legitimate “who the hell is lamonte roach?”
    Which of course totally backs your claim on skewered promoting....

Comment

Comedian!

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      Now in defence of top rank, they do have a p4p fighter in Crawford who is hard to market without spending some serious capital. He has no personality whatsoever. Thankfully he doesn’t play the “toxic negro” role like others have to make money off the fact that often black Americans can only make money playing that role like Broner and Mayweather did as villains. That’s an awful stereotype but it seems to sell. Nor is Crawford a comedian like McGregor, a menacing psychopath like Tyson, or a pretty golden boy like Leonard was....etc etc. What top rank is going to have to do to really promote him is make commercials....lots of creative commercials showing his highlights even when he is not fighting. Hire a filmmaker and start a legitimate marketing campaign with sponsors as well, get him in commercials. This stuff works. And it produces. So many promoters these days have lost the plot of how to really promote boxers
      Hold up, you said floyd and broner have to play the 'toxic negro' and in the same breath describe McGregor as a "comedian"!? Come on bro, he's a thug! So in your own argument regarding race and promotion, you ascribe the white fighter a harmless attribute and the black fighter an ignorant one. I do understand your point, but you were waaaay off in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        Khan made $5m + PPV

Danny offered $3m + PPV (that was only initial offer...couldve been much more)

Danny wound up fighting for $1m flat against a journeyman.

You cant make people fight you. Danny turned down about $6-7 million dollars all because he was afraid of being hurt
        The offer was made to Angel Garcia. He told them ok. Talk to Danny's manager, the one who negotiates the fights. They never contacted Haymon.

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post

My favorite fighters are Ca$hnelo, Terrence Crawford, LomaGOAT, and Anthony Joshua. My all time fav is Floyd. No whites oh nooooo
        Your favorite black fighters are the ones controlled by whites & jews....interesting

Comment

Fury has 10 times the charisma of CraWford in his pinky finger. Heavyweight money is wYyyyy different than “quiet welterweight” money.
          Not to mention, Fury fights actual heavyweight names that people have heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            The offer was made to Angel Garcia. He told them ok. Talk to Danny's manager, the one who negotiates the fights. They never contacted Haymon.

Your favorite black fighters are the ones controlled by whites & jews....interesting
            As I have said many times before, people like that guy are afraid and offended by black American power in boxing represented by PBC and haymon. As the great men of the civil rights movement said, “they love you until you love yourself.”
            Much like the often used logic of “why don’t they bring themselves up” comments....but when they do, on comes the scorched earth tactics like rosewood and black Wall Street. White nationalists don’t want you all to succeed and they don’t want you all to be lazy....they want you to be right where they want you to be based on how they feel at that time.
            As I say to all my black friends, to hell with being accepted....you’re never going to be. And as an Englishman turned American, it’s worse in England than t is in the USA. England doesn’t have “conscious and woke” blacks like the USA does...no black universities, black political and economic power etc etc. There is a reason it’s white English constantly talking about the “ldbc” rather than white Americans

Comment

You done lost yo mind

Comment

Still doesn't explain why Crawford makes more and Spence avoids him!

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                People will attempt to discredit Spence's words here but he's absolutely right about Top Rank's failures.

The PPV sales, viewership and attendance numbers show this clearly.

PBC has 76% of boxing viewing audience to date in 2019.

That doesn't include their share of the PPV market (closer to 90%)

And their attendance numbers are more consistent.

These are facts. Despite what writers say.
                Last edited by factsarenice; 04-27-2019, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDTheRealOne View Post
                  Hold up, you said floyd and broner have to play the 'toxic negro' and in the same breath describe McGregor as a "comedian"!? Come on bro, he's a thug! So in your own argument regarding race and promotion, you ascribe the white fighter a harmless attribute and the black fighter an ignorant one. I do understand your point, but you were waaaay off in that regard.
                  Here is the deal mark....1, I’m glad you knew what I meant because I speak the truth. 2, white America loves to hate the toxic negro....it loves the thug that is McGregor. They absolutely love McGregor. The fact that they cheered for him over their own American fighter Mayweather speaks volumes. When I asked people who they were backing in that fight the most common answers were “well I don’t like woman beaters so I want McGregor” or “well I’m irish so I’m going with McGregor”.....and this was from American born and raised aided people. So the rationale was literally “since we are from the same tribe I’m going with my own”....and they have no problem with that. Why am I bringing this up? Perception. The toxic negro is a style that has been adopted. Because of how race is perceived, there is no equivalent for white thug athletes who simply are not treated the same way black thug athletes are. In fact, if the same tactic is used by a white athlete, it’s celebrated almost like how teenage girls like the bad boy. You know this, I know this.

Comment

I get it! Your saying is Spence is ducking Crawford to help him and getting less with PBC and no shot at the title like Errol is better.

As I have said many times before, people like that guy are afraid and offended by black American power in boxing represented by PBC and haymon. As the great men of the civil rights movement said, “they love you until you love yourself.”
                    Much like the often used logic of “why don’t they bring themselves up” comments....but when they do, on comes the scorched earth tactics like rosewood and black Wall Street. White nationalists don’t want you all to succeed and they don’t want you all to be lazy....they want you to be right where they want you to be based on how they feel at that time.
                    As I say to all my black friends, to hell with being accepted....you’re never going to be. And as an Englishman turned American, it’s worse in England than t is in the USA. England doesn’t have “conscious and woke” blacks like the USA does...no black universities, black political and economic power etc etc. There is a reason it’s white English constantly talking about the “ldbc” rather than white Americans

Comment

Marketing 101. People dislike A-holes and will pay to see them get beat....black, white no difference. The key word here is "pay". Being an A-hole gets attention and fills the seats, the key here is pay. It's not that complicated

Here is the deal mark....1, I’m glad you knew what I meant because I speak the truth. 2, white America loves to hate the toxic negro....it loves the thug that is McGregor. They absolutely love McGregor. The fact that they cheered for him over their own American fighter Mayweather speaks volumes. When I asked people who they were backing in that fight the most common answers were “well I don’t like woman beaters so I want McGregor” or “well I’m irish so I’m going with McGregor”.....and this was from American born and raised aided people. So the rationale was literally “since we are from the same tribe I’m going with my own”....and they have no problem with that. Why am I bringing this up? Perception. The toxic negro is a style that has been adopted. Because of how race is perceived, there is no equivalent for white thug athletes who simply are not treated the same way black thug athletes are. In fact, if the same tactic is used by a white athlete, it’s celebrated almost like how teenage girls like the bad boy. You know this, I know this.

Comment

Working...
                      X