No announcement yet.

Vladimir Putin Wants to “Control” Rap Music In Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vladimir Putin Wants to “Control” Rap Music In Russia

According to the NY Post, Vladimir Putin reportedly wants to control and steer Hip-Hop music in Russia.

Over the past several months, dozens of rap shows have been canceled by Russian authorities. Russian born artists are reportedly being harassed and threatened with fines and jail for trying to perform rap music in the country. Vladimir Putin, who has been known to breakdance in the past, hosted a roundtable discussion where he recognized the power of Hip Hop and how it can heavily influence the people of Russia.

“If it is impossible to stop, then we must lead it and direct it,” Putin reportedly said.

He also adds, “rap is based on three pillars: sex, drugs and protest” but he issued a stern warning against drug-themed rap, which could lead to the “degradation of the nation.” So Russia is reportedly offering grants to rappers to “help” them promote their careers. There is even a new competition to make the best rap song about traveling in Russia.

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
    According to the NY Post, Vladimir Putin reportedly wants to control and steer Hip-Hop music in Russia.

Over the past several months, dozens of rap shows have been canceled by Russian authorities. Russian born artists are reportedly being harassed and threatened with fines and jail for trying to perform rap music in the country. Vladimir Putin, who has been known to breakdance in the past, hosted a roundtable discussion where he recognized the power of Hip Hop and how it can heavily influence the people of Russia.

“If it is impossible to stop, then we must lead it and direct it,” Putin reportedly said.

He also adds, “rap is based on three pillars: sex, drugs and protest” but he issued a stern warning against drug-themed rap, which could lead to the “degradation of the nation.” So Russia is reportedly offering grants to rappers to “help” them promote their careers. There is even a new competition to make the best rap song about traveling in Russia.

I would love to see a video of that.

Comment

Russia's GDP is chit. They all leave to become successful outside of Russia. I wonder why?

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
          Russia's GDP is chit. They all leave to become successful outside of Russia. I wonder why?
          Russia is a warring nation, I believe many are descendants of Huns and Mongols, so they naturally prefer to conquer and pillage land. You see it today with how big Russia is from all its land conquests, enough land to support a trillion people, but yet even today they'd rather continue invading neighboring countries like Georgia and Ukraine in order to acquire even more land, its actually kinda comical.

With all of the land and natural resources Russia has it should have the most sophisticated society on the planet with the largest economy and GDP on earth, but today they don't even make the top 10 when it comes to global economies.
          Last edited by JimRaynor; 12-17-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
            Russia never been a "rich country". Even when they defeated napoleon they still didn't generate any momentum, couple years later they got their ass kicked by japen.

I say it's the government. Russia always been a step behind the rest of Europe. Too cold too and the land is not that fertile.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              Russia never been a "rich country". Even when they defeated napoleon they still didn't generate any momentum, couple years later they got their ass kicked by japen.

I say it's the government. Russia always been a step behind the rest of Europe. Too cold too and the land is not that fertile.
              Thats incorrect, Russia actually has some of the most fertile land in the world, the black soil. Well more specifically Ukraine and Kazakhstan, which was united with Russia almost forever since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                Russia is a warring nation, I believe many are descendants of Huns and Mongols, so they naturally prefer to conquer and pillage land. You see it today with how big Russia is from all its land conquests, enough land to support a trillion people, but yet even today they'd rather continue invading neighboring countries like Georgia and Ukraine in order to acquire even more land, its actually kinda comical.

With all of the land and natural resources Russia has it should have the most sophisticated society on the planet with the largest economy and GDP on earth, but today they don't even make the top 10 when it comes to global economies.

Well, they were devastated after WW2 and the losses they took. And then they were devastated again in the late 80's when the price of oil tanked. I'm sure I'm leaving out some things.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  Thats incorrect, Russia actually has some of the most fertile land in the world, the black soil. Well more specifically Ukraine and Kazakhstan, which was united with Russia almost forever since the collapse of the Soviet Union.
                  Putin has been bringing in some of the South African farmers who are being displaced but I can't remember off hand where he's letting them farm.

Comment

I don’t get rap music. All I see is a clown who thinks he’s hard saying words really fast while holding a gun and having some two bit stripper dance around him.

Comment

Working...
                    X