No announcement yet.

BREAKING: Donald Trump says he 'misspoke in Helsinki'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] BREAKING: Donald Trump says he 'misspoke in Helsinki'

Trump says he 'misspoke in Helsinki' and 'sees no reason why Russia would not be responsible' for election meddling

The president did not denounce Russia's interference during a summit with Vladimir Putin earlier this week

Click to follow
    The Independent US

US President Donald Trump speaks about his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin ahead of a meeting with Congressional Republican and cabinet members on 17 July 2018 ( )

Donald Trump has said "I accept" meddling in the 2016 election took place based on US intelligence agencies conclusions.

The president recently returned from a summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, Finland, during which he did not denounce Russian interference. However, he has claimed he misspoke and meant to say he does not see a way Russia would not have been responsible for hacking electoral systems.

“I thought it would be obvious but I would like to clarify just in case it wasn't: In a key sentence ... I said the word 'would' instead of 'wouldn't'," Mr Trump said ahead of a meeting with his Cabinet and Congressional Republicans.

He clarified: "The sentence should have been 'I don't see any reason why I wouldn't or why it wouldn't be Russia'”.

During a joint press conference with Mr Putin, however, the US president said he believed the Russian leader's denial Moscow had anything to do with the US process. For his part, Mr Putin had admitted he had wanted the real estate mogul to win against Hillary Clinton.

Obama insisted there was no meddling. He also thought there was 57 states.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Obama insisted there was no meddling. He also thought there was 57 states.
      He not only thought there was, but he also visited them.

Comment

Now that Putin's not in the room. What a pussy.

Comment

Maybe if he didn't import his wives from Eastern Europe he would be better at the English language bigly

Comment

Obama doe.

Comment

How can we let this guy off the hook after backtracking of something as sensitive as this?

I'm actually appalled, and so should be everyone who voted, supported and embraces him for the upcoming election.

The House of Representatives should consider impeachment after this.

You dolts, MAGA 2020

Comment

It took him 30 hours to realize he misspoke?

Yea....ok

Comment

Obama doe.

yall sounds like children arguing..

*but but but he did it too*

Comment

There is no way to spin this, Trump looked weak and pathetic up on that podium with Putin. He literally took Putins side over his own intelligence agencies, and looked like a man who was pwned, by a leader of a country who is much more inferior than his. Very bad optics, one of Trumps worst moments.

Comment

Working...
                    X