Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo sends direct message to Stephen A. Smith for racial disrespect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had nothing to do with race. Smith is not really a boxing fan so it's not really a big deal. Now had a boxing journalist/reporter...etc said something like that it would've been offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      Had nothing to do with race. Smith is not really a boxing fan so it's not really a big deal. Now had a boxing journalist/reporter...etc said something like that it would've been offensive.
      Smith has been covering boxing for years. He knows

Comment

Stephen A. Smith should be muted and censored any time he says or writes anything boxing related. I don't remember him ever adding any value to anything that had to do with boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
          Smith has been covering boxing for years. He knows
          Nobody looks at Smith as a boxing expert and he never claimed to be. Had somebody like Max Kellerman said something like this it would've been a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
            No boxing fan takes Stephen A. Smith seriously.

I respect his views on other sports, but when it comes to boxing, no thanks.
            In what other sports? The man flip flops every week with who’s better and who’s gonna win he makes headlines up for views if not for skip or max being complete stubborn morons he wouldn’t have anyone to scream at. That’s his whole thing he screams and goes off topic to deflect the fact he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

I thought it was pretty disrespectful to call him butterbean he should be put in his place for that.

Comment

The sad bit are the boxing fans and media alike you acted like casuals before this fight. They basically look at Ruiz physical appearance and trashed him. I expect casuals to do that, not “Boxing” fans...

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                Nope!! We’re humans mayne. Remember when the NBA President got fired because of his racial remarks when heated towards his GF? Remember Mel Gibson, heated, racial remarks? Richards?

What happened is that Stephen A Smith and many others BET ON THE WRONG GUY, and BET BIG...

That’s why he’s flaming towards his pick on obesity and the NAME of the fighter. It’s his soft way of heated racial undertones, otherwise he wouldn’t have emphasized the name... as if Andy Ruiz is a bad name after you watched him beat Parker....
                You have an odd way of reading into that tweet. I can agree it was disrespectful in a sense he was counted out as easy pickings. But to fabricate a racial undertone? How did he emphasize his name? It could've easily been a guy named Jackson Pendleton and SAS still would've said it like that. You act like he said "He got knocked out by some MEXICAN guy of all people."

And to compare this to Donald Sterling's situation?? Yo. I'd like whatever you're smoking please. Minus the tin foil hat of course lol.

Comment

Alvarez is such an idiot tribalist he would fit in perfectly on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    In what other sports? The man flip flops every week with who’s better and who’s gonna win he makes headlines up for views if not for skip or max being complete stubborn morons he wouldn’t have anyone to scream at. That’s his whole thing he screams and goes off topic to deflect the fact he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

I thought it was pretty disrespectful to call him butterbean he should be put in his place for that.
                    Basketball. Well, now that I think about it, he’s on point maybe like 20% of the time.

I liked the ESPN segment he had with Magic Johnson a couple of weeks ago. In hindsight that was more gossipy s**t than basketball talk but it was good.

Comment

Oh he was awake for this fight? Andre Ward didn’t have to elbow him to wake him up??? SAS is a casual!!

Comment

Working...
                      X