Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were your Broner v Vargas cards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8-4 or 7-5 to Vargas. It wasn't a ROBBERY, just incompetent judging. It seems Broner's loud and brash persona has a positive effect on the judges for him.

Comment

117-111 Vargas

Comment

7-5 ish Vargas, draw doesnt upset me though.

Comment

6-5-E For Vargas

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
            Pretty much the same besides the 10-10
            Don’t understand how you can give a boxer a round ( or even consider it close ) when he throws ten punches in three minutes
            Maybe it’s me but those 10 punches need to make a lot of noise for me to give him the round
            What you have described is judging 101. One of the aspect a judge should be looking at it a combination of the number of punches thrown and number of effective punches landed. Vargas was outdoing Broner in both those aspects for most of the fight.

The rounds Broner won for me were simply due to Vargas doing even less than a lethargic Broner.

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
            8-4 or 7-5 to Vargas. It wasn't a ROBBERY, just incompetent judging. It seems Broner's loud and brash persona has a positive effect on the judges for him.
            Maybe the person, maybe the composure broner showed and the lack of facial damage. None of that should affect the outcome but with judges being as bad as they are in the S these days, these are all factors to take into account.

Comment

I thought Vargas edged it due to picking up the early rounds.

As soon as Broner realises he isn’t a defensive master and he starts to let his hands go from round 1, he can beat guys like Vargas. Broner is better when he comes forward and let’s his hands go on the inside. He needs to adopt that style more. He simple isn’t good enough to dictate fights on the backfoot with low work rate.

He should play to his strengths rather than be the kind of fighter he likes to think he is but isn’t.
              Last edited by TheBigLug; 04-23-2018, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Had it 7-5 for Vargas, not too mad at a draw though. Maybe i'm tripping and I'm not remembering it right but how are so many people giving Vargas the 12th? They both did absolutely nothing if I recall correctly. If there were an even round in the fight it may have been that one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                  I thought Vargas edged it due to picking up the early rounds.

As soon as Broner realises he isn’t a defensive master and he starts to let his hands go from round 1, he can beat guys like Vargas. Broner is better when he comes forward and let’s his hands go on the inside. He needs to adopt that style more. He simple isn’t good enough to dictate fights on the backfoot with low work rate.

He should play to his strengths rather than be the kind of fighter he likes to think he is but isn’t.
                  I've said this for a while. Broner does not have the technical ability or the natural reflexes to pull off the shoulder roll defence and try to win fights off the back foot.

The issue is, does he have the stamina and the confidence to fight on the front foot for 12 rounds? I do not believe he does, i.e. he just isn't good enough at the top level.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    I've said this for a while. Broner does not have the technical ability or the natural reflexes to pull off the shoulder roll defence and try to win fights off the back foot.

The issue is, does he have the stamina and the confidence to fight on the front foot for 12 rounds? I do not believe he does, i.e. he just isn't good enough at the top level.
                    I don't think stamina is an issue. Even through a torrid fight v Maidana, he was still coming on strong at the end.

I really think that Maidana fight took the confidence away from him. I think now he isn't as confident in the ring, more cautious/gun shy and it takes him good portion of the fight to realise he's ok in there and start throwing, which isn't ideal when fighting at a good level against guys who will take rounds from you.

I also think he just isn't that good. He's still a pretty good fighter, he just could never live up to the hype and falls short at a certain level, we see it all the time in boxing and there's no shame in that but he just gets more flack for it due to his personality.

Comment

7-5 Vargas

Comment

Working...
                      X