No announcement yet.

most overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most overrated

I Saw Skydog's Thread About Tyson And Him Being Overrated And It Made Me Wonder Who Is The Most Overrated Boxer Or Boxers Of All Time? And Another Question Who Was Or Is The Best At Applying The Sweet Science In The Ring, Not Hardest Puncher Or Who Was The Quickest But Who Was The Master At The Sport.

Originally posted by jsupe
    I Saw Skydog's Thread About Tyson And Him Being Overrated And It Made Me Wonder Who Is The Most Overrated Boxer Or Boxers Of All Time? And Another Question Who Was Or Is The Best At Applying The Sweet Science In The Ring, Not Hardest Puncher Or Who Was The Quickest But Who Was The Master At The Sport.
    Overrated? Tough call. Underrated is alot easier.

Masters at the sport? Moore, Pep, Charles, Duran... spring to mind.

Comment

Duran was the master of boxing. He could fight any way he wanted too and he did it with power and precision which is rare to have both.

Comment

Calzaghe, he's never lost and now everyone thinks he's bad ass. The problem is that he's fought nobodies his whole career, if he fights and beats someone in the top 10, then I'll change my choice.

Comment

I think Foreman is really overrated on this forum. The guy is definitely a top ten champion but people have him in the top five, even top three. He was nowhere near that great IMO and that was proven in the Ali fight where he was pretty much psychologically beaten into the ground. The older version did some things better than the younger one but you can't just combine the two and get one Foreman.

I say his place is safe in the 5-10 position. Some guys have him as the greatest heavyweight of all time, which is laughable to me.

I think Dempsey is the most underrated heavyweight on this forum.

Comment

Dempsey fought at 135 all the way up to heavyweight if im not mistaken. People don't take him seriously because he was a shrimp to other heavyweights. I am the same way. i have seen him fight and he has definetly been over-glorified over the years. he is the one that is a poor mans tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
              I think Dempsey is the most underrated heavyweight on this forum.
              That's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'
                Dempsey fought at 135 all the way up to heavyweight if im not mistaken.
                EH? What the hell are you on about?

Comment

dempsey is certainly underrated here, probably because there are few videos of him and he had a short prime

i have foreman in m top 5 in pure fighting ability, when he believed he was the best and could destroy anyone; he could!!
                  ali broke him down psychologically and his body followed

if we could combine foremans 45 yearold mentallity and the 25 yearold physicallity you would have the best boxer in the world!!

Comment

Originally posted by jsupe
                    Marciano is the most overrated IMO. The master of boxing is of course Ali.

Comment

Working...
                    X