Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is boxing about titles and title reigns..or who you beat for your title and

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floyd's beaten the most champions in boxing history! i remember someone used to use this line to try and defend not having any good prime wins on his resume. who was it i forgot?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      floyd's beaten the most champions in boxing history! i remember someone used to use this line to try and defend not having any good prime wins on his resume. who was it i forgot?
      It was me dumb azz

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        Its always about who you beat, titles on face value mean nothing if you beat nothing to get them.
        First guy nailed it. Who you beat matters more than anything else by a mile. A guy could fight anyone & never pay a sanctioning fee to collect a belt & he could be the #1 guy but never be a legit title holder. I believe there have actually been a couple cases where guys were the #1 guy in their division without a abc belt (although I do believe they held the mythical lineal title).

Comment

Larry has been on a mission. Sucking Floyd off with 2-3 threads a day. I really feel bad for the guy he has a sick obsession with him and Floyd has no idea that Larry even exists

Comment

You take all those things and factor them in.

If there aren't any great fighters around you go off of title and title reign.

Floyd fought top contenders and really good fighters all the way up to de la Hoya. After tho he cherry picked fighters who were too green or just not great champions.

To his credit he accomplished everything he needed to up to that point and was about the money. It worked out pretty great if you ask me making like a billion over his career

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              and floyd was somehow prime when he beat them?? and even more amazing both won another title AFTER floyd beat them
              didnt you just say titles dont matter?

Comment

You can only fight the guys in your era.. If you are better than the guys in your division and you fought all and came up on top.. You don't reign for long if you are not skilled enough.. Main reason why I like HWs is inspite of weight disparity of 10-20 lbs they fight.. in the lower weight divisions with each **** you take in the day you go down a division..

Comment

there are prizes in every sport at the end of a ''mission''. boxing has belts. belts are like trophies in other sports. once a person or team has that ''thing'', that person/team wants to keep it as long as possible. it represents being the best. it also gives others something to shot for.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                    in your title reign? ..seems like fighters are being called great just for having title and making defenses against mandatories who wont even be remembered...this s also why i dont hold Joe Louis to high standards as he had alot of defenses but against who?? same with Larry Holmes
                    Larry you have said you cant rank fighters all time because you haven't seen all. So how in the hell can you critize Joe Louis, who you have never seen fight or know who any of his opponents are or what their credentials were when he fought them. Same with Larry Holmes.

Put it this way. Let as many years pass for your god Floyd as what Joe Louis has now and no one will know who any of floyds opponents are and they will just be considered nobodies.

And before you say Floyd fought champions, bs he fought title holders in an era where everyone had a title at one point.
                    Last edited by boxinghead530; 05-03-2017, 11:58 PM.

Comment

This applies to the Klit's and currently Lil G.

They have all had 'reigns' but have not beaten anyone of any kind of significant note.

Comment

Working...
                      X