Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo maybe 26 but he isn't a fresh twenty six.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I could see it. But I mean most guys are burning out or peaking in their late 20's, early 30's anyway so its not really THAT much of a thing of note. The overwhelming majority of boxers aren't killing it into their late 30's & beyond like Manny, Floyd, Klitschko & Bhop.

Comment

Canelo had no amateur fights and haven't been in any wars. Hell, he's been picking on smaller opposition for half a decade.

If Canelo isn't fresh it's because he's been draining 15-20 lbs for several years.

Comment

I cant disagree. Regradless of him not having taken punishment, he still took punches to the head for a decade which takes a toll on the body. Those wear and tear on a fighter cant be ignored.

Definitely Canelo isnt your normal 26 yrs old.

Comment

He's not worn, the Mayweather fight was more of a lesson than a beat down. Angulo & Cotto didn't get to land much on him, and Kirkland didn't last long enough to add to thay mileage. I would actually say he's in a really good place right now. He just needs to man up and fight GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            This guy already has 50 bouts coming in as an 10 year pro. He had Wars, he had some beat downs even though it was from Mayweather, that still takes something from you. He had some wear and torn in his years as a professional, and probably like Benitez, his prime won't last long. By the time he probably be 29, he could be passed his prime.
            What wars has Alvarez been in? lol, outside of the Angulo fight, can you honestly point to a single other fight where Alvarez took sustained damage?

Comment

He hasnt taken much damage so he will be fine for now but he should move to 160 soon.

Comment

The biggest question mark is what will happen when he has to move up. So far, I have seen him fail to dominate good or past prime Jr Middleweights. I'm reminded of Zab Judah where I don't think he will be good enough to deal with a competent boxer who is bigger than him.

When he started boxing professionally isn't a problem and he shouldn't be compared with Benetiz. You have to take into account what level they were fighting at and what stepping in the ring with Hearns and Leonard will do to a man.

Comment

Working...
                X