Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justice Ginsburg tells Egypt "don't look to the US Constitution as an example."n

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice Ginsburg tells Egypt "don't look to the US Constitution as an example."n

No doubt a sentiment echoed by the activist justices that Obama nominated, Kagan and Sotomayor. South Africa? Really? Where 1 in 3 women are raped and most mail is opened, contents of value stolen? Ginsburg is the same tired old slag that said she would step down if it looked like Obama wouldn't be reelected so he could pick a replacement (something he'd probably try to do during a recess, or even worse, during Pro Forma sessions.)

Recently, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was speaking in Egypt.

She was helping that old country get off the ground with a new constitution.

While giving her opinion of what made a great law of the land, she was quick to interject -- and this is from US News and World Report -- when asked about the process of drafting a new constitution that would assist the country in guaranteeing the liberty for which its people long, Ginsburg dismissed history's premier model. "Let me say first, that a constitution, as important as it is, will mean nothing unless the people are yearning for liberty and freedom,". "If the people don't care, then the best constitution in the world won't make any difference."

But then, shockingly, America's judicial representative counseled the Egyptian people that "I would not look to the U.S. Constitution, if I were drafting a constitution in the year 2012." Dismissing the document that has ensured the God-given "blessings of liberty" of the American people for over 200 years, Ginsburg instead pointed to countries whose people look to government - rather than the Almighty - as the creator of their rights.

She said other countries would be better examples like Canada and South Africa.

You wonder why we have trouble in the country now and oh, yes, we have our family fight, but a sitting justice on the U.S. Supreme Court dissing our Constitution abroad is despicable.

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/pov/dont...r-constitution
    Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 02-06-2012, 09:03 PM.

Ruth Ginsburg

check out how ugly this ***** is

Comment

Originally posted by PBF_GOAT View Post
      Ruth Ginsburg

check out how ugly this ***** is
      I don't care what she looks like, but I would think a Supreme Court Justice would hold our Constitution in higher regard.

Lol at her confirmation hearings.

During her subsequent testimony before the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee as part of the confirmation hearings, she refused to answer questions regarding her personal views on most issues or how she would adjudicate certain hypothetical situations as a Supreme Court Justice. A number of Senators on the committee came away frustrated, with unanswered questions about how Ginsburg planned to make the transition from an advocate for causes she personally held dear, to a justice on the Supreme Court. Despite this, Ginsburg refused to discuss her beliefs about the limits and proper role of jurisprudence, saying, "Were I to rehearse here what I would say and how I would reason on such questions, I would act injudiciously".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Bader_Ginsburg

Comment

well at the very least she is being honest you have to respect that I hate hypocrites like Scalia who blatantly push their own personal and political agenda on the people with no regards to Constitution

Comment

Comment

The constitution is what made this country great, but because of people like Ginsburg is why this place is goin to crap. A global currency collapse is approaching because of bad policies of government, however it is going to be blamed on capitalism. The communist manifesto on a global scale, it's sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by immortal tech View Post
              well at the very least she is being honest you have to respect that I hate hypocrites like Scalia who blatantly push their own personal and political agenda on the people with no regards to Constitution

You defend her basically trashing the Constitution (calling it archaic) while attacking Justice Scalia, who is a stringent originalist (google it,) for disregarding the Constitution. Brilliant.
              Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 02-07-2012, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Who you support for pres. Jim?

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Who you support for pres. Jim?
                  Right now I'm more concerned with getting Ted Cruz elected to the Senate. I supported Thad McCotter early, but Fox wouldn't let him debate because his numbers weren't high enough yet.

Out if what's left, I guess I'd go Santorum, Paul, Romney, Gingrich, but I'd probably stay home if either of the last two win the nomination. Rick just had his first poll beating Obama heads up (the only one in the poll to boot

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    I don't care what she looks like, but I would think a Supreme Court Justice would hold our Constitution in higher regard.

Lol at her confirmation hearings.

During her subsequent testimony before the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee as part of the confirmation hearings, she refused to answer questions regarding her personal views on most issues or how she would adjudicate certain hypothetical situations as a Supreme Court Justice. A number of Senators on the committee came away frustrated, with unanswered questions about how Ginsburg planned to make the transition from an advocate for causes she personally held dear, to a justice on the Supreme Court. Despite this, Ginsburg refused to discuss her beliefs about the limits and proper role of jurisprudence, saying, "Were I to rehearse here what I would say and how I would reason on such questions, I would act injudiciously".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Bader_Ginsburg
                    It's typical Jim, nauseating but typical. Unfortunately there's too many people these days who actually think ideas like human liberty are "quaint" and "archaic" concepts. Everybody, it seems, wants to give free reign to their inner tyrant

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X