Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"real" vs. "fake" boxing fan. your thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "real" vs. "fake" boxing fan. your thoughts?

personally, i'm tired of hearing people say they're "real" boxing fans and claiming others are "fake" and they wish those fake fans would stop watching boxing.

why would any real fan of ANY sport want less people watching a sport they love? I always read these so called hardcore fans and how they hate casual fans. News flash, casual fans bring in money and more exposure to the sport.

as a fan of the sport, I'm ashamed to know that so many other fans have that elitist mentality. every sport has bandwagon fans. in my opinion, a fan is a fan.

what are your thoughts?

in b4

Boxing fans know the exact keyword.

Comment

They're casual fans for a reason, hopping onto bandwagons, annoying us real fans with their ignorance and biased opinions.

It's not an elitist mentality, but more so a "no-tolerance" mentality. I mean, how could someone have the patience to put up with a ******* or even try and have a real conversation about boxing with them?

I don't care about the business side of things, let the fighters and their promoters deal with that. As a fan I'm interested in whos fighting who and so forth.

Comment

all i know is i'm a real fan and everyone else is fake!!

Comment

All i know is I cant stand *******s and not cause of their Biasness just their lack of being able to form a sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
            They're casual fans for a reason, hopping onto bandwagons, annoying us real fans with their ignorance and biased opinions.

It's not an elitist mentality, but more so a "no-tolerance" mentality. I mean, how could someone have the patience to put up with a ******* or even try and have a real conversation about boxing with them?

I don't care about the business side of things, let the fighters and their promoters deal with that. As a fan I'm interested in whos fighting who and so forth.

my question is how is that any different from, say, a fan of a local NFL team arguing with another when obviously their opinions are biased? you know what i mean?

in each sport, every fan has their favorite and their least favorite. it's accepted in those sports but not so much in boxing. where we have to appreciate the skill of a boxer solely. Whereas in the nfl, we can root against a team, simply because we don't like a player etc.

or

we're not supposed to like pass happy teams because they aren't balanced. those explosive plays are more for the casual fan. just like brawlers and offensive minded boxers are more fan friendly.

it just seems like theres a double standard when it comes to boxing compared to other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Nedlo1 View Post
              all i know is i'm a real fan and everyone else is fake!!
              Wow that's a great photo of Gans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
                my question is how is that any different from, say, a fan of a local NFL team arguing with another when obviously their opinions are biased? you know what i mean?

in each sport, every fan has their favorite and their least favorite. it's accepted in those sports but not so much in boxing. where we have to appreciate the skill of a boxer solely. Whereas in the nfl, we can root against a team, simply because we don't like a player etc.

or

we're not supposed to like pass happy teams because they aren't balanced. those explosive plays are more for the casual fan. just like brawlers and offensive minded boxers are more fan friendly.

it just seems like theres a double standard when it comes to boxing compared to other sports.
                the difference is in every other sport their will always be a clear winner. In boxing their are close fights and in most if not all people biasness will get in the way in having a legit conversation about said fight. this only happens in boxing. This is where Biasness becomes a problem for us real boxing fans, not one single thread here were we able to discuss Marquez vs Pac 3 without idiots comming into the thread and spewing their nonsense and in return destroyed the integrity of the thread.
                Last edited by #CaneloKhan; 11-30-2011, 03:06 AM.

Comment

imo, anything extremist fans/ideology/beliefs are bad news.
                  i'm ok with religious people so long they dont shove their religion down my throat.

there will always be casuals and hardcore crowds.
                  its just human nature to label and categorize other people.

Comment

I dislike these casual fans who believe Chavez Jr is a legend because he has over 40 wins and no defeats

Comment

Working...
                    X