Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do judges in MMA give more credit for a takedown or a knockdown ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do judges in MMA give more credit for a takedown or a knockdown ?

The reason I ask is because they don't give you a count in MMA like they do in boxing when someone is knocked down. Or is knocking down an opponent credited the same way when someone scores a takedown ?

Knockdowns definitely win the judges over more than a takdown. Even if you get a takedown and do some damage from top position, it still doesn't equal a knockdown.

Comment

Take downs have more to do with "Octagon Control".....

Comment

I'd say takedowns because Faber scored knockdowns and the judges gave him 50-47. I think takedowns for some reason make them seem more dominant because rounds are so much longer then in boxing so you could knock somebody down like Wandy did to chuck and in the last 10 seconds score a takedown they give chuck the round.

Take makes you look more dominant since it lasts longer being on top. I don't agree with it but I think thats what they think.

Comment

It's take-downs....I dunno why, but it's true. How many times have we seen wrestlers shoot, fail, get punched, and end up with at least a downed knee and the scoring ends up 30-27 for the wrestler? Control is bull****....I mean your right most the time that's how they justify ****ty ass dec's. But really what are your goals in a fight? You can have a basic three. KO, Tap, or Control the fight. So wtf man judges score based on who was winning w/o reasons to support said claim.I guess you ought to get extra points on top of a KO lets call it consciousness. And the subs are missing out too, hand them a bit of points and call it resistance to pain....

Comment

KD don't mean much in MMA unless they are devastating because you are allowed to go to the ground to defend and attack in MMA. TDs mean more because they illustrate that you are taking your opponent down to where you want to be. This ain't boxing.

Comment

wonder how these judges score ?????????
              will try to talk to one.......

Comment

Working...
              X