Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Take Away GGG Punching Power WHAT DO YOU HAVE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I think at distance and mid range Canelo has a great advantage. He's the more skilled and better counter puncher.

Where he's going to struggle is when Golovkin backs him to the ropes and tee's off, Canelo doesn't clinch, his defense is good but when someone gets inside he's not comfortable and rides the shots. Golovkin will get inside and I think Canelo loses there to GGG every time. Especially as he fades like you mentioned. Golovkin has a good engine and carries his power throughout.

My guess is GGG stoppage with Canelo up on the cards.
    If he was "more skilled" he wouldn't find himself in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Without Abel, you end up with an Eastern Euro stylist in the mold of Pirog (though likely nowhere near as fluid).

With Abel, you end up in a rough spot (taking all those shots to the face, without your own baseball bat, isn't the greatest plan).
      Golovkin has the second best defense in boxing per compubox.

Comment

lol comon now, it's not like he's John Molina. A little bit of pop and nothing else.

He's a top boxer with a strong punch. Who even cares what he'd be like without his power? That's part of what makes him good.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I think at distance and mid range Canelo has a great advantage. He's the more skilled and better counter puncher.

Where he's going to struggle is when Golovkin backs him to the ropes and tee's off, Canelo doesn't clinch, his defense is good but when someone gets inside he's not comfortable and rides the shots. Golovkin will get inside and I think Canelo loses there to GGG every time. Especially as he fades like you mentioned. Golovkin has a good engine and carries his power throughout.

My guess is GGG stoppage with Canelo up on the cards.
          Good post.

I'm thinking GGG by stoppage too but it's not easy to pick against Canelo.

Comment

Bunch of casuals in this thread thinking that with power alone one can be successful at this level. FACEPALM

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
              If he was "more skilled" he wouldn't find himself in that situation.
              That's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                Defense?

Ring generalship?

Jab?

Footwork?

Stamina?

Chin?
                Like I said, he has other attributes.

Nothing overly special though. His power is special. And his chin perhaps, hard to gauge.

Comment

The thing is, he has that power, so you don't have to talk about taking it away. It's a tool that makes his opponents think twice.

It's hardly like he doesn't have any other attributes.
                  Last edited by Chrismart; 05-17-2017, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Speed gives you advantages everywhere, its the most OP (overpowered- nerd talk) talent. Take away speed from Canelo and he doesnt have his defense, his punch selection, his combinations.... so on.

Power is just power, you hit hard, and most punchers are actually very intelligent and skilled in getting these punches in, a lot of the time in landing it flush and with their body behind, that takes more technical skill than people realize. Punching power isn't this big game changer (in the skill set) you have to learn how to apply it, and even then there are plenty of guys that probably hit harder, but it's that skill the top power puncher has of chin checking you.

Take speed from canelo and he has nothing, he'd have to adopt a traditional guard, and be faster on his feet or more aggressive to land on guys, he couldn't be the counter puncher he is, really, it is a big game changer.
                    Last edited by SplitSecond; 05-17-2017, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                      a dark hating.

what else is new?
                      A grease hating

what else is new

Comment

Working...
                      X