No announcement yet.

Why can't Haymon...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Who are these managers? Haymon himself has managerial contracts with just about everyone he has on his shows, you just have to look at "stable" here: http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Al_Haymon

Hyamon holds all the cards and everyone who follows the sport knows it. In fact, that was one of his major selling points on this very forum from all the crazed Haymon/Mayweather fans. Now that we all now PBC has largely been a pile of crap we're hearing this new tune "Haymon ain't all that powerful".

I do understand the counter argument that Haymon can't make ALL the fights we want but he should be able to make the majority. Yet he hasn't even done that. Haymon has made a minority of the fights on offer, even though almost all these guys are fighting FOR HIM. That's bad business and bad for business, whichever way you want to cut it.
    Did all the fighters managers step aside (or get bought out) in a short space of time so Haymon would be the sole 'manager'? I don't know the details but it would seem plausible to me that a significant portion of the fighters that Haymon has signed also have other managers (someone else representing their interests). You or someone else can correct me if i'm wrong about that. If I am wrong then you are probably right that he should have made significantly better match-ups than he has and that he is just a terrible promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
      Did all the fighters managers step aside (or get bought out) in a short space of time so Haymon would be the sole 'manager'? I don't know the details but it would seem plausible to me that a significant portion of the fighters that Haymon has signed also have other managers (someone else representing their interests). You or someone else can correct me if i'm wrong about that. If I am wrong then you are probably right that he should have made significantly better match-ups than he has and that he is just a terrible promoter.
      It's not even required for him to be a sole manager, although he is with the large majority of his clients. The thing is, he runs the show, tv dates, tv channels etc etc etc. And like I said, if he can't make ALL the fights happen, fair enough but he should at least make the majority, considering his power in the sport yet he doesn't. Am I correct in saying that?

Heck, at least have his guys fight more than once a year smh.

Comment

Working...
      X