Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is a guy who has one 12 round fight & one 10 round fight worthy of a fight w AW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    People refer to sanctioning body ranks when it seems convenient for them. In reality however, they reflect nothing of any interest. Their ranking systems are one of the mysteries of the universe.

He may be ranked by ESPN, Wade is ranked by TBRB.

His sole win over a faded (limited) Murat clearly doesn't beat the resumes of Stevenson, Kovalev, Pascal, Hopkins, Shabranskyy, Braehmer (thats saying something), Fonfara, Alvarez, Beterbiev or Chilemba. Then you have fighters like Gonzales with his spirited effort against Pascal, which is far more than a win over a virtual nobody in Murat, Browne with a somewhat comparable win over Campilllo, who was at least a former titleholder, Oosthuizen with a fairly limited run at 175 picking up a minor title. All fighters with strong cases to be ranked higher than him. So your claim he has a comparable resume to half the top 10 light heavy is pretty absurd.

So whats your argument. He's better because he's cuban and ESPN ranked him? That's pretty much a clear case of grasping at straws from the vacuum you so gallantly described. Both matches, Wade and Barrera, are as bad as each other. So why fanboys are whining at each other from both sides, is way beyond me.
    Great Post!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      Pascal is clearly shot, and not once did i argue he wasnt better than Campillo. Doesnt change the fact that Pascal hasn't really looked good in ages and he looked downright horrible in his last two fights. And Gonzalez still didnt pull off that win. Its like splitting hairs with you guys but stop being ridiculous. Gonzalez is a decent win. Murat is a decent win. Both net you about the same. AND both Barrera and Shabranskky destroyed those guys.
      How was Pascal shot? You are seriously full of sht.

As for Pascal not having looked good in ages, he's never really looked good, even in his best win against Dawson he was fading badly and getting hammered in the final rounds. Just stop.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        How was Pascal shot? You are seriously full of sht.

Pascal hasn't looked good in ages, he's never really looked good, even in his best win against Dawson he was fading badly and getting hammered in the final rounds. Just stop.
        Im full of **** because you cant notice his sharp decline since the first Kovalev fight? All you have to do is watch his old fights and then watch his most recent ones. In fact, just compare the two most recent Kovalev fights. He isnt the same fighter. Blame Kovalev, blame age, i dunno. But he hasnt looked good at all. I guess you can wait until his next fight when we can bump this thread. This is the same thing is said after the Gonzalez fight and this is the same reason i called the second Kovalev fight a sham. But dont agree, im sure we will find out soon enough.

http://www.boxingscene.com/kovalevs-...-t-help--99084

here you go, a whole thread about it

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          Im full of **** because you cant notice his sharp decline since the first Kovalev fight? All you have to do is watch his old fights and then watch his most recent ones. In fact, just compare the two most recent Kovalev fights. He isnt the same fighter. Blame Kovalev, blame age, i dunno. But he hasnt looked good at all. I guess you can wait until his next fight when we can bump this thread. This is the same thing is said after the Gonzalez fight and this is the same reason i called the second Kovalev fight a sham. But dont agree, im sure we will find out soon enough.

http://www.boxingscene.com/kovalevs-...-t-help--99084

here you go, a whole thread about it
          Why would we wait for his next fight? Are we talking about the Gonzalez fight or how he's looking now?

And because what a trainer says the holy grail, and none of them have said any dumbsht, all the Freddie Roach quotes I could pull out. No one is saying Pascal was prime, but obviously you haven't a clue what a shot fighter is.

Comment

So...
            Does anyone think barrera actually has a chance of winning???
            I don't.

Comment

Working...
            X