Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call me crazy but Sergio Martinez at 168lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterling View Post
    I think he might be pretty successful if he gets his knee fixed even with the bad knee i think hes quite fast for super middleweight, hes got a good chin, chavez hurt him in the 10th round but hes more like a super middleweight anyway. Hand speed and head movement are still there.
    I think at middleweight hes done, his speed isnt his advantage there anymore but it will be at high weight classes and with his chin i think he would do well.
    crazy.............................

Comment

WTF?

Sergio has looked like **** since the last round against Chavez. His knee's are gone and they took his speed, power, movement and punch resistance with them. He barely survived against Murray in a fight he was dropped twice and looked terrible and then was even worse against Cotto.

The only thing Sergio should do is retire.

Comment

**** it...lets have him move to 175...Sergio-Kovalev...make it happen

Comment

lol...what??

Comment

Lets get Sergio vs. Abraham!

Comment

Crazy? Nah you're stupid.

Already got bad knees and you want him to add on more weight?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                He just arguably lost two times in a row in a weak division, including to a JMW. Both guys he was favorite to beat to make it worse. At 168 he gets beaten by any top 6.

I see him probably being competitive against Abraham and Stieglitz who are in the top 5 by beating each other up and taking journeymen outside the top 10 in between their trilogy.

That would also be too close to 175, where Hopkins, Kovalev, Stevenson, Pascal, Dawson will all surely call him out and even go down to 168 just to beat up on Sergio.
                the first reasonable reply to this thread. No i dont hate sergio hes one of my favorite fighters, yes i know hes on the decline and yes his last 2 fights were not his best and he was beaten but i dont think he is done and i think he can beat some guys at 168 given his recovery. Let us not write sergio off like we all did COTTO! now look where cotto is? hes now a 4 weight champion and lineal middleweight champ.

Sergio can come back if he really wants too i believe but this is just a idea i dont hate the guy hes given us all good fights despite his decline.

I agree he will beat arthur abraham for the WBO belt but how far he gets in the division i am unsure of.

Comment

Nope.

Sorry.

Comment

if he was still as good as when he fought chavez then he'll be okay, but now? No confidence. the knee. he's just getting old. so i think its a very bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
                      the first reasonable reply to this thread. No i dont hate sergio hes one of my favorite fighters, yes i know hes on the decline and yes his last 2 fights were not his best and he was beaten but i dont think he is done and i think he can beat some guys at 168 given his recovery. Let us not write sergio off like we all did COTTO! now look where cotto is? hes now a 4 weight champion and lineal middleweight champ.

Sergio can come back if he really wants too i believe but this is just a idea i dont hate the guy hes given us all good fights despite his decline.

I agree he will beat arthur abraham for the WBO belt but how far he gets in the division i am unsure of.
                      Lol@ you asking for reasonable replies when there's nothing reasonable about your proposition.

You must be a Martinez fan who's in denial and hasnt grasped reality yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X