No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins: I Will Retire Don King With Cloud Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
    Daggum, since his 'Favorite Fighters List' in his signature consists of Mikkel Kessler, David Haye,Amir Khan, Carl Froch and David Price - all Non-American, European fighters, perhaps it's safe to assume that he is a bit biased.
    What.. That's the dumbest thing i've ever read. Just because I have a different opinion than you doesn't mean i'm biased. Like the other fella "Mr Philidelp" or whatever it was - He has a straight honest opinion about bhop? I have absolutely nothing against him, he's a legend. I just think Joe won the fight. Bernard wasn't busy enough and didn't land enough. The stats back me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
      Yeah if you think Bhop won you have to be his lover you can't just see a fight and think the loser got robbed. Especially not in boxing that never happens.

You are the slap lover and you're projecting. Trying to use compubox stats as proof of anything on a boxing site is beyond pathetic. Save that for newbs at your job you're trying to impress. This is what 5 compubox slaps landed by Joe AND 0 landed for Hopkins looks like.

And this is what an official Calzaghe stoppage looks like...

And that's just the tip of the iceberg so take your a-s-s back to sleep....
      Wow you're literallly too dumb to insult. Why is it? You guys are the ones saying Bernard landed more? No he didn't. You're beyond pathetic putting a 3 second clip up of Calzaghe punching air? - in which he also landed a left uppercut. If you go and read my first post, it said lol at robbed. It was a close fight, but calzaghe was the busier fighter. How can BHop be robbed?

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
        Slow down What? Calzaghe's constant missing and hitting air? How was he supposed to do that by letting Joe hit him in the face? Is that what you backwards slappy fans think Hopkins had to do to win?
        Well Bernard didn't hit anything at all beyond the first round, so what's your point? Landing 4-5 jabs is not going to win you a fight. And you should know this. You are obviously impartial and have great boxing knowledge. Sense the irony here..

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
          what if cloud dominate him like calzaghe did?
          Calzaghe did dominate Hopkins but Cloud just isn't capable of it.

Comment

Hopkins lost to Calzaghe's bum@$$. Get over it people. He didn't get beat up or nothing like that but he lost a wack@$$ 12 rd decision. As for this fight, idk, Hopkins may be in some trouble. Dude is 48yrs old, Cloud could really hurt Bernard. He can't take a flush shot from a young, strong guy Cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
              What.. That's the dumbest thing i've ever read. Just because I have a different opinion than you doesn't mean i'm biased. Like the other fella "Mr Philidelp" or whatever it was - He has a straight honest opinion about bhop? I have absolutely nothing against him, he's a legend. I just think Joe won the fight. Bernard wasn't busy enough and didn't land enough. The stats back me up.
              B.Hop is my all-time fav fighter..so the way I defend him on here may come across as being bias...but I'm VERY honest when it comes to him...he LOST to Dawson...no questions, I felt like he lost the second Taylor fight but won the first fight...I felt like he beat Joe but could've made it more clearer, I wasn't happy with his performance but I felt it was ENOUGH to get the decision

I've had other posters try to convince me that B.Hop could've beaten Roy after the MW tourney...IMO, B.Hop could NEVER beat Roy when Roy was on his game...not really bias when it comes to B.Hop imo...but it could be mistaken because like I said, he's my all-time fav

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                B.Hop is my all-time fav fighter..so the way I defend him on here may come across as being bias...but I'm VERY honest when it comes to him...he LOST to Dawson...no questions, I felt like he lost the second Taylor fight but won the first fight...I felt like he beat Joe but could've made it more clearer, I wasn't happy with his performance but I felt it was ENOUGH to get the decision

I've had other posters try to convince me that B.Hop could've beaten Roy after the MW tourney...IMO, B.Hop could NEVER beat Roy when Roy was on his game...not really bias when it comes to B.Hop imo...but it could be mistaken because like I said, he's my all-time fav
                OK props for coming out with that. I felt and still feel like i did when I first saw the Hopkins - Joe fight. It was an ugly fight, with countless unclean punches, holding, you name it it was there. But IMO opinion Joe won the fight because he was busier and landed more (albeit not cleaner/better) punches. However, if Hopkins had won I wouldn't have said it was a robbery - which is why I think it's ridiculous to say Joe robbed him when it was such a close fight. Otherwise, we need redefinition of the term 'robbery'.

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
                  what if cloud dominate him like calzaghe did?
                  Daggum - 3 - 2 - 1 ...

Comment

REMEMBER, King always had it out for Hopkins, so much so, he vowed to keep Hopkins from getting any TV Airtime, which he was successful for a good stretch until it was abundantly clear Hopkins wasn't going anywhere, because he kept on WINNING!

This would make it awesome for Hopkins to get this win and make it a double whammy.

Do I think that it's going to end King, no, but it won't help DK any if Cloud does lose, which I do have to say, I am a fan of Cloud, he's an entertaining fighter, tough guy, decent set of skills, and has a ton of heart. The fact of the matter is DK has taken so much for so long from easily duped individuals, it'd be nice to see him take a hit from a guy whom he tried to squeeze back in the day.

Skills wise, as long as Hopkins doesn't get old over night, is able to out slick Cloud, and not get robbed by the judges, then I see Hopkins winning the fight on craft and experience alone. not to mention his career long excellent conditioning, he is among some of the sports elite when it comes to being in shape and staying in shape.

I don't see Cloud being awkward and unpredictable like Pascal was, which plays into Hopkins strengths, lets be honest though, an old Hopkins beat Pascal twice and got credit for one, but we also saw an old Hopkins over come knockdowns.

Bottom line this is really an intriguing fight, the style match up is great, and the physical as well as the age differences set a good level of suspense for this one, heightening it's potential of being a really terrific match up.

I am picking Hopkins by UD, unless Cloud surprises everyone and does something Hopkins hasn't seen and or is able to overpower Hopkins? I don't see much he can do.... If Hopkins can't pulled the trigger, yikes though, that could be bad, guess we'll have to wait and see. peace.
                    Last edited by deuce_drop; 01-23-2013, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X