No announcement yet.

David Benavidez is going to beat Gavril's ass bad this time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Benavidez is going to beat Gavril's ass bad this time

Pretty sure I saw pictures of him sparring both Gvozdyk and Bivol recently.

Gavril surprised me last time. Such a damn good fight, I gotta watch the second one live this time.

Comment

I agree Benavidez is gonna destroy gavril.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Gavril surprised me last time. Such a damn good fight, I gotta watch the second one live this time.
        Yeah. i thought David was gonna win easy but he was in a tough, tough fight. He better start quicker and have much better defense this go around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Pretty sure I saw pictures of him sparring both Gvozdyk and Bivol recently.
          That's some ferocious sparring. Have you seen any video clips?

I like Benavidez, good fighter, good power, but Gavril has a lot of pop in his gloves too and he dropped Benavidez last time. I guess I see this one as more of a coin flip fight.

Comment

Same. I was expecting Benavidez to get a little test at best that he'd overcome. That was a legit fight the first time & I'm super curious how both guys do the second time off of what they learned about themselves & the other guy the first time.

Its one of the fights I'm looking forward to the most right now.

I suspect if Benavidez is as good as I & some other cats think he'll come in with better strategy & will have worked on his stamina a lil bit so he doesn't slow down in the later rounds as much. I think this will be a great long term learning fight + rematch with Gavril w/e goes down. Could even turn into a trilogy cuz they looked neck & neck last time & if this fight looks similar there is no reason to think Gavril couldn't pull ahead & take this one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Yeah. i thought David was gonna win easy but he was in a tough, tough fight. He better start quicker and have much better defense this go around.
              Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Same. I was expecting Benavidez to get a little test at best that he'd overcome. That was a legit fight the first time & I'm super curious how both guys do the second time off of what they learned about themselves & the other guy the first time.

I suspect if Benavidez is as good as I & some other cats think he'll come in with better strategy & will have worked on his stamina a lil bit so he doesn't slow down in the later rounds as much. I think this will be a great long term learning fight + rematch with Gavril w/e goes down. Could even turn into a trilogy cuz they looked neck & neck last time & if this fight looks similar there is no reason to think Gavril couldn't pull ahead & take this one.
              Agree on both. It wasn’t like someone was pulling away at the end of the last fight. They were still going at it until the final bell. That fight was really slept on. Both guys showed a lot of heart and good conditioning. But I sure hope they worked on their defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Agree on both. It wasn’t like someone was pulling away at the end of the last fight. They were still going at it until the final bell. That fight was really slept on. Both guys showed a lot of heart and good conditioning. But I sure hope they worked on their defense.
                I think David is the better overall fighter and I like the "better" guy in a rematch.

That said, David better make sure if he starts quicker that he has enough left for the end. It felt like he had to give away rounds just to finish the fight.

Gavril showed a lot. Really impressed.

Comment

I really like Benevidez. He is young and getting stronger and better. He has very fast hands and throws lots of punches. I think he will win by KO this time.

Comment

Benavidez conditioning

I may take a pistol whipping for suggesting this, but Benavidez looked like he could have been a little tighter, conditioning-wise in their first fight. It might be that he's just young, might be his natural build. He certainly didn't run out of gas. Just looked a bit soft at the weigh in. Does anyone know how his camp was? Any injuries or illness?

Comment

Working...
                    X