The only reason Errol Spence beat Brook is because of Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin killed Brooks career

Comment

After 7 rounds Brook was 4-3 rounds up on two scorecards.

But Brook was fading, could not keep up with Spence's pace.
      He started to get hit with shot which he was slipping before and he stopped throwing

More than the eye, it was probably blowing up to middle and having to cut down again to welter that had a bigger impact.

I can never understand why Brook took that fight and why Hearn pushed that fight on him

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        Nope it was the other eye. He obviously has a physical defect, but that doesn't matter because he was already swimming against the tide, the body shots had worn him down, and his cardio was screaming. That fight was the definition of being taken into deep water.

What I will give you, is that it's possible Brook makes it to the final bell if he hadn't had the first injury. I think he quit because he had been explained the possible consequences of fighting with that injury. But he would have still lost.
        Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
        Brook got hit with too many jabs vs Spence and Golovkin. Those fights showed he has issues dealing with an elite fighter than can jab well.

Anyway, you knew Brook had surgery and was coming off a loss but still picked him to win. It's so easy to dismiss wins in hindsight but at least be consistent before and after the fight unless it's something more dramatic like if same eye broke from the first shot or a broken leg.
        Brook was left with a titanium plate in his face from the injury he suffered against GGG. So yes, he does have a physical defect. It seems clear to me that that defect had something to do with him suffering the same injury on the other side of his face against Spence. Yes, it was a different eye ... but not a different face.

Comment

Working...
        X