Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should GGG go back to Sanchez’ style, completely behind the jab for all opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should GGG go back to Sanchez’ style, completely behind the jab for all opponents?

It could very well be that GGG’s style with Banks isn’t working for him. GGG needs Abel to tell him to just fight he feels best comfortable without any expectations from others/broadcaster.

I think the whole Mexican Style narrative with the Canelo 2 fight did more damage to himself and his mental gameplay. It carried over as well signing to a new network.

If GGG fights safely behind a jab with less expectancy for power shots shouldn’t he beat Jermall Charlo easily? Making Jermall miss all night? Just fight behind the jab. When Jermall tires out then go for the kills

Originally posted by Al Broker View Post
    It could very well be that GGG’s style with Banks isn’t working for him. GGG needs Abel to tell him to just fight he feels best comfortable without any expectations from others/broadcaster.

I think the whole Mexican Style narrative with the Canelo 2 fight did more damage to himself and his mental gameplay. It carried over as well signing to a new network.

If GGG fights safely behind a jab with less expectancy for power shots shouldn’t he beat Jermall Charlo easily? Making Jermall miss all night? Just fight behind the jab. When Jermall tires out then go for the kills
    No he is an old man who is washed up and hoping for a last pay day Canelo knocks him out clean no wonder he is fighting so jobs this is even worse than when he was a contender

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
      No he is an old man who is washed up and hoping for a last pay day Canelo knocks him out clean no wonder he is fighting so jobs this is even worse than when he was a contender
      Canelo? They are gonna fight again? Canelo has problems with DAZN. How is that fight even an option

Comment

You see. If you were such an asswipe maybe you would get legit boxing opinions from people who care about the sport.

But I can already sense a dumb ass remark that was premeditated coming my way so ill take a hard pass.

Comment

I dont think he needs to go back to abel for that in my eyes. He jus needs to mix in with what banks is teaching him to how he fought with abel but like everybody in these forums knows it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. The fight with dervy he was relying on banks teachings in the fight an goin away from what got him here in the 1st place after all these yrs, he was being defensive but not doin it real well being out of position he got hit a bunch. He let dervy dictate the distance most of the fight but man those 1st two rds of the fight he busted up that dude looking lik3 his old self i thought it was gonna be a short fight after that. From what i can see in banks teachings is banks had GGG learn how to slip punches inside the pocket since he saw ggg get busted up to the body in that rematch with canelo. What messed up GGG in the dervy fight was he did it all wrong from distance not using his jab that much an jus let dervy walk up to him basically or he tried to be canelo slipping punches goin forward

Comment

fighting behind the jab is what he's been thought as an amateur, Sanchez has nothing to do with it, Abel more of a conditioning coach

Comment

As long as he uses his killer right and his killer left to follow up his power jab, why not. Banks seems to be a sh tty trainer and not as good as Sanchez was.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Broker View Post

GGG is going to become Pernell Whitaker overnight

Comment

Working...
                X