No announcement yet.

Prime Tyson VS Riddick Bowe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Tyson VS Riddick Bowe

This is a fine fight I would have loved to have seen.

Especially regarding their common opponent in Holyfield. I think it would have been a war.

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    This is a fine fight I would have loved to have seen.

Especially regarding their common opponent in Holyfield. I think it would have been a war.

You'd have to take 1988 Tyson and 1992 Bowe for a prime for prime match.

Honestly, If I was pushed I'd go with a close Tyson decision; his 12 round stamina was better than many of us remember. I do rate Bowe very highly, despite his prime being so short. He was so much better than anyone who Tyson met in his title reign. He had the size, excellent punch resistance, speed of hand and a great inside game that would surely cause Tyson some serious problems.

Comment

Tyson prime would be the favorite but bowe's ability to fight on the inside would cause Tyson a lot of problems.. I can see bowe landing brutal uppercuts on Tyson thru out the fight....
      Really it's a 50/50 fight IMO, and bowe's skill set would be the best to match up vs a prime Tyson

Comment

Mouth watering fight right here! Riddick Bowe on his night was an outstanding fighter who had all the attributes you would want in a fighter facing Mike Tyson in his prime, He was brave beyond belief, tough, big and strong, had a long hard jab and serious power along with quite probably the greatest inside game of any Big man in history and he had excellent uppercuts which along with the jab are the most successful shots against The Iron One. It would be a Battle for Brownsville Bragging rights, It would have to be staged at the Barclays Centre (Not built back then but whatever!) and the atmosphere would be beyond electric, I mean they would blow the ****in roof off in there!
        Ultimately though I dont think u can beat Mike Tyson when you ship as many shots as Bowe did. Tyson was a savage back then man, he hit like a mule kick but followed it up with speed and ferocity, there's a serious case for a Tyson stoppage win here, he always came out like a terror with bad intentions but imagine how fired up he'd be fighting another Brownsville star.

Comment

It would be very similar to the Holyfield trilogy. Tyson Holyfield and Bowe can all fight inside, all could use both hands, where as Holly got ya by swarming you, Tyson popped you with explosive kick and Bowe responded to Holly like he would respond to Tyson.

Comment

The argument could be made that a fight with Bowe would have a similar outcome to the the fight with Douglas. On the other hand, the argument could also be made that Tyson would have been better prepared for a big-name opponent of Bowe's calibre, thereby producing a much different outcome. Timing being what it is, we'll never know...

Comment

Like Tyson Ruddock, but better, is all I can think of really, and if Bowe stayed on his feet, he wins it.. Prime Tyson tired against Bonecrusher and Tucker, and Bowe was different class to both of them

Comment

Six rounds of WWIII with Tyson winning by brutal KO...

Comment

I imagine this scenario :

Prime Holyfield gives Tyson his first loss in 1991 via a K.O > Prime Bowe gives Holyfield his first loss via UD > Prime Tyson fives Bowe his first loss via a K.O

Comment

Tyson in eight. Both men exhausted

Bowe had all of the tools to pull it off from the outside except discipline (thus defense or movement). Bowe loved a fight and it would often cause him to surrender his advantages

Tyson had both the discipline and defense at his best. Whilst Bowe would have his moments, i think his willingness to fight at all ranges would give Tyson too stationary a target for him to stay on his feet for the whole distance.

Tyson was a much better matchup for Holyfield and Lewis. I think he'd take Bowe to school.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X