Prime Tyson VS Riddick Bowe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mezoomozaa View Post
    I imagine this scenario :

Prime Holyfield gives Tyson his first loss in 1991 via a K.O > Prime Bowe gives Holyfield his first loss via UD > Prime Tyson fives Bowe his first loss via a K.O
    I don't get it? So if Holy gives Mike his first loss in '91 means he got by Douglas back in '90?!

Comment

Tyson by ko

Comment

This fight would end in a near draw with Tyson getting the nod to preserve
        his record because of his marketability.

Comment

Tyson had bigger power and better defense. I don't see it ending well for Bowe.

Comment

Why didn't they fight each other?

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
              Why didn't they fight each other?
              Tyson was jailed just as Bowe was on the rise. When Tyson came back and was winning the titles off Bruno and Seldon in 1996, Bowe was being bashed into semi retirement by Golota.

Bowe's prime only lasted three years. One of the reasons a Lewis fight never materialised either.

Comment

Tyson woulda ko'd him first round

Comment

Originally posted by Rahat View Post
                  Tyson woulda ko'd him first round
                  Bowe's punch resistance was probably too good for that. Nobody ever stopped him.....and I can only think of three times that he was ever down (Holyfield 3 and Golota 2) when he was clearly past his best.

Much is made of Lewis's Olympic stoppage of Bowe, but again....I'm pretty sure he didn't actually go down.

Pretty solid chin on him!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    Tyson was jailed just as Bowe was on the rise. When Tyson came back and was winning the titles off Bruno and Seldon in 1996, Bowe was being bashed into semi retirement by Golota.

Bowe's prime only lasted three years. One of the reasons a Lewis fight never materialised either.
                    Nobody's prime only lasts for three years. Bowe was in his prime from 90/91 until his retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post

Don King promised Tyson a title if he signed with him upon getting out of prison. King got Tyson a title even though the top three heavyweights were Bowe, Holyfield and Lewis. It meant for King that he had to keep Tyson away from the three of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X