No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali or Joe Louis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad Ali or Joe Louis?

Who's the best fighter between these two? Most people rank them in the top two all time. Ali may have beaten the best fighters and made the combacks.......but Joe Louis is Joe Louis. Louis had 25 title defenses and fought some great wars. You gotta love both of these greats and they both deserve to be #1. But if you had to pick who was the best......who would it be?

My friend and I where talking about who greatest HW was. He said Ali. We asked lot's of people, everyone said Ali. Then he asks this really old man, he was probly like in his late 70's. He said....."Joe Louis." My friend said Ali would dance circles around Louis. The man looked him dead in the eye and said in a strong voice, "Joe Louis would knock him out with one punch."

I thought that was cool. This man (who was white) that lived through times when whites and blacks lived separate, still loved Joe Louis. He lived during Louis's,Marciano's,Ali's,Tyson's reign and still believed Louis to be the greatest.

Im having a hard time deciding, what do you guys think?
    Muhammad Ali
    66.67%
    Joe Louis
    33.33%

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77
    Who's the best fighter between these two? Most people rank them in the top two all time. Ali may have beaten the best fighters and made the combacks.......but Joe Louis is Joe Louis. Louis had 25 title defenses and fought some great wars. You gotta love both of these greats and they both deserve to be #1. But if you had to pick who was the best......who would it be?

My friend and I where talking about who greatest HW was. He said Ali. We asked lot's of people, everyone said Ali. Then he asks this really old man, he was probly like in his late 70's. He said....."Joe Louis." My friend said Ali would dance circles around Louis. The man looked him dead in the eye and said in a strong voice, "Joe Louis would knock him out with one punch."

I thought that was cool. This man (who was white) that lived through times when whites and blacks lived separate, still loved Joe Louis. He lived during Louis's,Marciano's,Ali's,Tyson's reign and still believed Louis to be the greatest.

Im having a hard time deciding, what do you guys think?
    ali. man that was easy

Comment

i just cant decide
      i have ali louis tyson and marciano all as joint top.......

Comment

Originally posted by micky_knox
        i just cant decide
        i have ali louis tyson and marciano all as joint top.......
        I could agree with that.

Comment

I could agree with that.
          ive had sleepless nights trying to decide who was the best.......
          lol it gave me so many headaches.......
          all 4 of them were exceptional in thier own way.....they all deserve to be up there

Comment

ive had sleepless nights trying to decide who was the best.......
            lol it gave me so many headaches.......
            all 4 of them were exceptional in thier own way.....they all deserve to be up there
            Me to. All 4 of those guys could kick ass. Jack Dempsey wasnt that bad either. I love watching that fight where he knocks Jess Willard down 7 times in round 1! Tyson likes that fight also.

Comment

Me to. All 4 of those guys could kick ass. Jack Dempsey wasnt that bad either. I love watching that fight where he knocks Jess Willard down 7 times in round 1! Tyson likes that fight also.
              yea jack was awesome too...........isnt he one of tysons heros?
              jacks another alltime great.no doubt about it

Comment

yea jack was awesome too...........isnt he one of tysons heros?
                jacks another alltime great.no doubt about it

Tyson loved Dempsey. He did the fade hair cut and no socks like Dempsey.

Comment

The difference between Louis and Ali is paper thin at best. I have no problem with Louis at one, but i prefer Ali. Louis was more dominant and made more defences, however Ali defeated the better competition. I believe Ali would do a little better head to head with other greats of the past.

Comment

It's a Hard Decision I'd like to think Louis is number one just because IMO Louis was an all around better fighter..Louis had speed,power,brains,chin,and a good defense...where as the only places Ali had louis beat was probably speed,chin, and footwork...

Though Head to Head is different I think Louis would have a tougher time with Ali then he would with most of Ali's opponents (excluding Foreman and Frazier)....

IMO Louis is #1

Comment

Working...
                    X