Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 09-26-2017, 10:43 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
escudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 97,241.45
Default Corazón de Reyes: Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
My breakdown of the modern classics here.
escudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-26-2017, 10:45 PM #2
Contender

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
papichulosweg has a reputation beyond reputepapichulosweg has a reputation beyond reputepapichulosweg has a reputation beyond reputepapichulosweg has a reputation beyond reputepapichulosweg has a reputation beyond reputepapichulosweg has a reputation beyond reputepapichulosweg has a reputation beyond reputepapichulosweg has a reputation beyond reputepapichulosweg has a reputation beyond reputepapichulosweg has a reputation beyond reputepapichulosweg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 43,269.39

Classic from 2 legends
papichulosweg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:05 PM #3
Interim Champion

Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Hmabshir has a reputation beyond reputeHmabshir has a reputation beyond reputeHmabshir has a reputation beyond reputeHmabshir has a reputation beyond reputeHmabshir has a reputation beyond reputeHmabshir has a reputation beyond reputeHmabshir has a reputation beyond reputeHmabshir has a reputation beyond reputeHmabshir has a reputation beyond reputeHmabshir has a reputation beyond reputeHmabshir has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 88,820,533,059,623,256,064.00
Total Points: 90,220,721,848,558,288,896.00

def gonna watch this tomorrow on the way to school in the train. commenting so i can return to this thread.
Hmabshir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:29 PM #4
DoktorWakeless

Quoted: 918 Post(s)
DoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 150,965,568,366,118.62
Total Points: 150,965,568,469,026.75
cheers brother! - jose830 Thanks for posting that great fight - Libido Sanchez You're the Man! - SCEN3RY The GO-TO Medal! Given to those who report to duty! (1/20) LIMITED EDITION. - Golovkin have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Knows his stuff - jas Top poster - jas 

This is the fight that got me into to boxing. I randomly saw it one day on HBO, and I've been watching boxing ever since.

What's interesting about this fight is that virtually all defense was composed of head, upper body, and leg movement for both fighters. Hands and forearms were rarely used at all to block punches to the face. There was none of that "gotta watch fight in slow motion to see if punch landed" nonsense because when a punch landed, it was obvious.

Quote:
There was a wonderfully eloquent moment from the commentary team as these two madmen flailed away with such beatific beauty. Commentator Jim Lampley described it as "The type of fight your mother hates to see in" a few seconds passed as Sergio plastered Paul with another right hook that sent sweat into the first 3 rows. Paul just shrugged it off like it never happened. Max Kellerman responded " It'll make your dad proud though."
This really was a classic line from Max. I also remember there this great stretch where the entire team just remained completely silent because there was nothing else they could add.
DoktorSleepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:38 AM #5
Contender

escudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud ofescudo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
This is the fight that got me into to boxing. I randomly saw it one day on HBO, and I've been watching boxing ever since.

What's interesting about this fight is that virtually all defense was composed of head, upper body, and leg movement for both fighters. Hands and forearms were rarely used at all to block punches to the face. There was none of that "gotta watch fight in slow motion to see if punch landed" nonsense because when a punch landed, it was obvious.

This really was a classic line from Max. I also remember there this great stretch where the entire team just remained completely silent because there was nothing else they could add.
I never realised how difficult it is to talk through out a great fight until I set up my youtube channel and started doing commentaries. How do you watch Toney vs Jirov or Gatti vs Ward and say anything to improve that?
Old 09-28-2017, 12:12 AM #6
Contender

Bumping for the late nighters

Share This With Friends

Tags
corazon, martinez, paul, reyes:, sergio, williams

User Tag List