No announcement yet.

What would you invest in with 100K? SERIOUS answers only

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
    Real Estate is smart man. Especially anything water front. Buy the house you can afford, in the area everyone wants to live.
    Whenever I see discount land next to a river, my palm goes to my face.

Rivers are prone to flood and also shift course.

Also I was in Japan for the tsunami, and generally have an inaffinaty for potential flood zones.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
      Hey BS family, so some good news. Long story short some of you probably remember I got royally screwed out of one of my previous employers big time where they let pretty much all of us senior management go in a very shady way.

I won't go into that full backstory to make this shorter, but basically they now just got bought out by a huge parent company and now since a lot of the senior management guys tried to sue and some did end up getting big settlements, they are now pretty much giving the rest of us a BIG severance buy out all of a sudden. So after taxes I'm looking to get about an extra 100K.

I want to re-invest it into either a lucrative low maintenance franchise business or other brilliant investments. I don't want to blow the whole 100K since I need some of it to live and re-cover the savings I burned through so what are some of the best franchise businesses to buy into or investments?

Serious answers only and let me know what worked out for you and your close ones thanks.

I am currently working a sales gig where I pretty much do business development and fly to business events and try to land big accounts. In a perfect world I'd love to keep this current gig and start something new as well if possible.

My lady has a good job as well, but she's willing to resign and work the new franchise business with me if it's promising enough. That might actually be best in a perfect world.

Serious replies only please thanks and Happy 4th to everyone.
      Forget franchises, bars and restaurants - hard work for **** all return and that's if you survive the first 18 months

As an example, work out how many scoops of Baskin Robbins that you have to sell before you make a buck - it's a **** load

Stick to what you know as there are too many sharks out there just waiting for the opportunity to fleece you of it

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        I'm not familiar with the Robin Hood app

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sugar Adam Ali again.

Dude it seriously won't allow me to green k you ever again? sup with that?

Anyone else used the Robin Hood Ap??????????? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
          Forget franchises, bars and restaurants - hard work for **** all return and that's if you survive the first 18 months

As an example, work out how many scoops of Baskin Robbins that you have to sell before you make a buck - it's a **** load

Stick to what you know as there are too many sharks out there just waiting for the opportunity to fleece you of it
          Ok well my backgrounds in property management i was the GM for a property management and commercial real estate company for several years. I wouldn't mind doing that some more, but I got laid off in an ugly shady way due to all the corporate suit politics. If I were to do my own thing I would need at least 10 million strong to even get a small to mid sized property to run anywhere in a decent area in California. So its just not realistic. Thats why I was thinking to use the 100K in a franchise to just start making money and getting the cash flow hopping again.

I do know some of the original owners who did the frozen yogurt franchise once they first opened and they re-sold their businesses to new buyers and made millions before that craze burnt out. So I don't think you know what you are talking about?

Do you actually know anyone who owns a Basken Robins? if you did you should see how they are living? I know this Indian guy who owns one by a high school and he drives a Tesla. But again I haven't talked to him directly only his employees.

If I were to do something more closer to my background I could do like a car wash facility or storage business would be pretty close to what I've been doing as a GM in property management. I would probably have to go out far towards Victorville though in order for that to be even a slight reality.

Comment

Ok well my backgrounds in property management i was the GM for a property management and commercial real estate company for several years. I wouldn't mind doing that some more, but I got laid off in an ugly shady way due to all the corporate suit politics. If I were to do my own thing I would need at least 10 million strong to even get a small to mid sized property to run anywhere in a decent area in California. So its just not realistic. Thats why I was thinking to use the 100K in a franchise to just start making money and getting the cash flow hopping again.

I do know some of the original owners who did the frozen yogurt franchise once they first opened and they re-sold their businesses to new buyers and made millions before that craze burnt out. So I don't think you know what you are talking about?

Do you actually know anyone who owns a Basken Robins? if you did you should see how they are living? I know this Indian guy who owns one by a high school and he drives a Tesla. But again I haven't talked to him directly only his employees.

If I were to do something more closer to my background I could do like a car wash facility or storage business would be pretty close to what I've been doing as a GM in property management. I would probably have to go out far towards Victorville though in order for that to be even a slight reality.
            Friend of mine used to own the master franchise for Baskin Robbins in Australia so got to know the numbers pretty well

Like most franchises, if you get in early enough and it takes off, you can make some real coin.

Problem is that the master franchisor generally can't help themselves and starts flooding the market e.g. compare the experience of early MacDonalds frachisees to guys getting in now

Given your background in property, I would focus upon that as it doesnt go out of fashion

Not sure why you need $10 million to start a property management business though??

Can only assume that you are talking about buying a building for yourself and managing it

Put your foot on a deal with a small down-payment and get backers if that is the case

Lot's of money out there but not many deals

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
              Friend of mine used to own the master franchise for Baskin Robbins in Australia so got to know the numbers pretty well

Like most franchises, if you get in early enough and it takes off, you can make some real coin.

Problem is that the master franchisor generally can't help themselves and starts flooding the market e.g. compare the experience of early MacDonalds frachisees to guys getting in now

Given your background in property, I would focus upon that as it doesnt go out of fashion

Not sure why you need $10 million to start a property management business though??

Can only assume that you are talking about buying a building for yourself and managing it

Put your foot on a deal with a small down-payment and get backers if that is the case

Lot's of money out there but not many deals
              Green K bro,

What was your buddy's revenue numbers and margins looking like? Was he making good profit?

Here in California everything is crazy expensive to own outright. Unless you go into the boonies or closer to the woods or mountains which wouldn't have that much customer traffic unless it was like the only option near a ski resort or campground but hell no my arse wouldn't fly there. So you would need yea at least 10million to buy a decent small property to own and operate.

I was thinking about maybe a gas station with a car wash and like a Subway sandwiches inside. So its making revenue on 3 different streams.

I was thinking a storage business too since everyones always moving, foreclosing or businesses just need to store their crap to free up space in their offices right? I had a opportunity like 5 years ago when a shot caller wanted me to go in 50/50 on a storage business out by ontario mills but at that time I was grinding away as the GM and had no free time to even check out the storage business. He said it be like $90,000 each for the 50/50 partnership. Back then I didn't have the money but now I do with this severance but that opportunity is long gone.

But yeah back to franchises if you have like a 31 flavors across a high school or middle school you would be golden since kids always love ice cream and here in California you can eat ice cream like 9 months out of the year. I would prefer like a subway since I could actually eat that food for meals.

I'm literally just brainstorming constantly.

Comment

Green K bro,

What was your buddy's revenue numbers and margins looking like? Was he making good profit?

Here in California everything is crazy expensive to own outright. Unless you go into the boonies or closer to the woods or mountains which wouldn't have that much customer traffic unless it was like the only option near a ski resort or campground but hell no my arse wouldn't fly there. So you would need yea at least 10million to buy a decent small property to own and operate.

I was thinking about maybe a gas station with a car wash and like a Subway sandwiches inside. So its making revenue on 3 different streams.

I was thinking a storage business too since everyones always moving, foreclosing or businesses just need to store their crap to free up space in their offices right? I had a opportunity like 5 years ago when a shot caller wanted me to go in 50/50 on a storage business out by ontario mills but at that time I was grinding away as the GM and had no free time to even check out the storage business. He said it be like $90,000 each for the 50/50 partnership. Back then I didn't have the money but now I do with this severance but that opportunity is long gone.

But yeah back to franchises if you have like a 31 flavors across a high school or middle school you would be golden since kids always love ice cream and here in California you can eat ice cream like 9 months out of the year. I would prefer like a subway since I could actually eat that food for meals.

I'm literally just brainstorming constantly.
                He made great money BUT he owned the master franchise and sold individual ones to owner operators

Like the storage industry

Spend a bit of time and check out what they are doing with shipping containers these days

They are dirt cheap and bulletproof

Big returns to be made - secondary site, containers and a forklift is all you need

Can also be used for street vendors e. g Seattle and Toronto

Set one up and franchise the idea

Use your property management skills
                Last edited by Tomjas; 07-24-2017, 01:55 AM.

Comment

I'd think about getting into the tattoo removal business. It's a big, booming industry, and I don't think it is going to slow down anytime soon.

The cost of a proper laser, even at the cheaper end, will take almost half of the capital (Q-Switched YAG laser and not IPL). With training, registration, advertising, insurance etc, you would want to be smart with your money.

But you could also end up raking in the cash money over fist.

I even have a business name thought out. 'RethINK'

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sugar Adam Ali again.

Dude it seriously won't allow me to green k you ever again? sup with that?

Anyone else used the Robin Hood Ap??????????? Thanks
                    I use it.

It's legit.

It's SEC registered, which is all you really need to know a broker is legit.

Comment

I person who owns a Basken Robins' lifestyle is not likely to be a reflection of the success/lack thereof of their Basken Robins shop. More likely, their ownership of the Basken Robins is a component of their lifestyle, which is a reflection of their pre-existing wealth.

Comment

Working...
                      X