No announcement yet.

What would you invest in with 100K? SERIOUS answers only

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] What would you invest in with 100K? SERIOUS answers only

Hey BS family, so some good news. Long story short some of you probably remember I got royally screwed out of one of my previous employers big time where they let pretty much all of us senior management go in a very shady way.

I won't go into that full backstory to make this shorter, but basically they now just got bought out by a huge parent company and now since a lot of the senior management guys tried to sue and some did end up getting big settlements, they are now pretty much giving the rest of us a BIG severance buy out all of a sudden. So after taxes I'm looking to get about an extra 100K.

I want to re-invest it into either a lucrative low maintenance franchise business or other brilliant investments. I don't want to blow the whole 100K since I need some of it to live and re-cover the savings I burned through so what are some of the best franchise businesses to buy into or investments?

Serious answers only and let me know what worked out for you and your close ones thanks.

I am currently working a sales gig where I pretty much do business development and fly to business events and try to land big accounts. In a perfect world I'd love to keep this current gig and start something new as well if possible.

My lady has a good job as well, but she's willing to resign and work the new franchise business with me if it's promising enough. That might actually be best in a perfect world.

Serious replies only please thanks and Happy 4th to everyone.

Use that money to open a business, if I own a business then to expand said business.

Comment

i got $300k savings and mutual funds. following this thread.

quite honestly in my case, i'd rather just leave it in mutual funds.. dont know **** about business. and many franchising are "scams".. many corporations make money of people who buy their franchise.. it's franchise owners that suffers..

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
        i got $300k savings and mutual funds. following this thread.

quite honestly in my case, i'd rather just leave it in mutual funds.. dont know **** about business. and many franchising are "scams".. many corporations make money of people who buy their franchise.. it's franchise owners that suffers..
        How old are you?

Comment

I don't know the us market but I invest all my excess money into properties. Atm I just have one rental, my wife has one from her parents and then we have the one we actually live in.

I like my job and it's well paying enough but goal is one day we will have more properties. That way you're never a wage slave. Once you've paid off a certain amount of equity and have a certain rental income you can get to a point where you don't need to work if you live within your means.

We have a famously overpriced property market in the uk especially in London where nuclear war wouldn't cause a crash. Even in the depths of the credit crunch when the rest of the U.K. Saw millions go into negative equity outside London - in London prices didn't even fall. growth just slowed. I genuinely feel like any properties here are golden hens.

Where in America do you live? Depending on the market might be a wise long term investment

Comment

Originally posted by Kosta View Post
            I don't know the us market but I invest all my excess money into properties. Atm I just have one rental, my wife has one from her parents and then we have the one we actually live in.

I like my job and it's well paying enough but goal is one day we will have more properties. That way you're never a wage slave. Once you've paid off a certain amount of equity and have a certain rental income you can get to a point where you don't need to work if you live within your means.

We have a famously overpriced property market in the uk especially in London where nuclear war wouldn't cause a crash. Even in the depths of the credit crunch when the rest of the U.K. Saw millions go into negative equity outside London - in London prices didn't even fall. growth just slowed. I genuinely feel like any properties here are golden hens.

Where in America do you live? Depending on the market might be a wise long term investment
            eventually you can expand your empire and buy out the local tranny bars and suck off the ladyboys for free??

Comment

Use it for a down payment on a nice income property. Let the rents pay the mortgage.

Comment

Pot and hoes.

Comment

hmmm...let me see...nope I can't think of any SERIOUS answers

Comment

property.

buy a foreclosed or cheap home and flip it.

Comment

Working...
                    X