Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Amir Khan be the same fighter after this brutal KO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan didn't take a beating but took a brutal KO so its difficult to assess how it will affect him. I think he'll be fine, mentally he knows he got hit flush by a 175lb guy so no shame in getting knocked out over that.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      he didnt take any punishment asides for the knockout

the fight was even actually had khan up 4-1

Canelo hardly landed any shots on Khans face

Algeiri landed more punches on Khan in round one than Canelo did in 6 rounds
      When I said eight years ago, I was talking about the punishment that he's been taking in his career. Knocked out three times, dropped almost 10 times, been stunned and hurt numerous times...etc. He's human not a machine at some point you'll physically and mentally not be the same anymore. Health comes first.

Comment

Originally posted by Najeem View Post
        Stop the weak chin bull****. It's all about the vision and awareness.

That punch would've knocked out anyone if they didn't see it coming.
        Khan has never had a chin. First he was weight drained and then it was that he got caught by a lucky punch by Garcia.

Now is that punched would had KOed anybody.

You Khan fans come up with all types of excuses. the vast majority predicted that Khan was going to get KOed unconscious and it happened

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
          When I said eight years ago, I was talking about the punishment that he's been taking in his career. Knocked out three times, dropped almost 10 times, been stunned and hurt numerous times...etc. He's human not a machine at some point you'll physically and mentally not be the same anymore. Health comes first.
          Until Khan is getting brutalized, dominated and shut out, thats when its time to hang the gloves up

Getting knocked out by a guy 2 weight classes bigger than you, is to be expected. He made the fight competitive and looked good up until the KO.

Khan has been knocked out twice before, and been dropped at least 9 times as a pro, his chin was never the best. Even the best chin wouldn't have stopped him touching the canvas, that punch was epic.

He'll be ok, i see him beating someone like Garcia, if they have a rematch.
          Last edited by FrankieBruno; 05-08-2016, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Before the fight, Khan was talking about becoming a promoter for MMA. Maybe he might really be thinking about retirement?

He's already one of the richest boxers, so there really isn't any need for him to continue other than for legacy. But I'd like to see him at least settle his scores with Brook and Garcia at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              Until Khan is getting brutalized, dominated and shut out, thats when its time to hang the gloves up

Getting knocked out by a guy 2 weight classes bigger than you, is to be expected. He made the fight competitive and looked good up until the KO.

Khan has been knocked out twice before, and been dropped at least 9 times as a pro, his chin was never the best. Even the best chin wouldn't have stopped him touching the canvas, that punch was epic.

He'll be ok, i see him beating someone like Garcia, if they have a rematch.
              Nah, you have to be smart and retire before being completely brutalized. I love boxing but it's a dangerous sport and being KO'd multiple times can/will definitely have long lasting effects on your brain. It was expected to get knocked out but getting KO'd stilll takes a toll on your body and this was a devastating KO.

Only time will tell if he'll be the same Khan but after being knocked out like that at this point in his career could mean that his career at the top level is over. Let's see what he looks like in his next fight, if he doesn't look good and if he suffers another KO loss he should definitely hang up the gloves.

Comment

Working...
              X