No announcement yet.

Prime calzaghe literally bodybags this era of middles and supermiddles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
    Remember a lot of people don't like to talk about Joe's fight with Robin Reid, he arguably lost that fight and although I know triangle theories don't work lets not make out Joe was unbeatable or couldn't be outboxed he could.

he was an awesome fighter though.
    Joe's problem was that he was inconsistent, and that sounds strange to say for a guy that retired undefeated, but performance wise he was. He didn't really seem to have a game plan going into any fight, just a matter of being himself and making his own adjustments to what he sees, which he was very good at. He seemed to disarm other fighters in a lot of fights, similar to what Floyd does, but obviously not to that kind of level. But sometimes he just had too much macho for his own good, he kind of had that Erik Morales about him where he just had to fire back and exchange if he was hurt or caught with a good shot.

But lets not make out that he didn't have bad nights and Robin Reid was definitely one of them, but to me I always thought Joe won that fight. It seemed the British commentary were really over excited with Reid's performance from the beginning of the fight, kind of like Froch-Groves I, where Jim Watt and co were all over Groves nuts from very early in the fight. I think if Joe had got a rematch he would have separated himself from Reid for sure.

It wasn't the only time Calzaghe fought the wrong kind of fight though, as great as his fight with Charles Brewer was for example, he fought with the wrong tactics and made it a difficult night for himself. Against Sakio Bika too, he steadied Bika in the first round but just got carried away and fought a horrible fight, although to be fair Bika did that to a lot of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
      Keyboard warrior.

Calzaghe would jam his meat pipe deep in your hole and then violate your father too.

He's TBE

Floyd would've died against Joe. Even a prime Roy Jones was taken apart by Calzaghe.
      Yeah Roy was certainly in his prime ...you been sharing the cocaine with Joe?

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        Joe's problem was that he was inconsistent, and that sounds strange to say for a guy that retired undefeated, but performance wise he was. He didn't really seem to have a game plan going into any fight, just a matter of being himself and making his own adjustments to what he sees, which he was very good at. He seemed to disarm other fighters in a lot of fights, similar to what Floyd does, but obviously not to that kind of level. But sometimes he just had too much macho for his own good, he kind of had that Erik Morales about him where he just had to fire back and exchange if he was hurt or caught with a good shot.

But lets not make out that he didn't have bad nights and Robin Reid was definitely one of them, but to me I always thought Joe won that fight. It seemed the British commentary were really over excited with Reid's performance from the beginning of the fight, kind of like Froch-Groves I, where Jim Watt and co were all over Groves nuts from very early in the fight. I think if Joe had got a rematch he would have separated himself from Reid for sure.

It wasn't the only time Calzaghe fought the wrong kind of fight though, as great as his fight with Charles Brewer was for example, he fought with the wrong tactics and made it a difficult night for himself. Against Sakio Bika too, he steadied Bika in the first round but just got carried away and fought a horrible fight, although to be fair Bika did that to a lot of fighters.
        Great stuff the reality of Joe's career

Comment

7 words

He fights at light heavy now dumbass
          And two of the guys you named fight at 154/155 so think before you start calling others dumbasses.

Anyhow, yea, Joe would handle guys like Degale, Jack, etc.

Comment

Keyboard warrior.

Calzaghe would jam his meat pipe deep in your hole and then violate your father too.

He's TBE

Floyd would've died against Joe. Even a prime Roy Jones was taken apart by Calzaghe.
            Oh dear.

You had to take the thread those extra few steps didn't you.

Comment

Nope.

Ward beats him. GGG stops him. Other than these two he beats everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                And two of the guys you named fight at 154/155 so think before you start calling others dumbasses.

Anyhow, yea, Joe would handle guys like Degale, Jack, etc.
                Soooo

Canelo hasn't fought at 154 or under since 2013.
                Cotto hasn't fought at 154 or under since 2014
                GGG is a middleweight

Did you miss the part where I said "this era" meaning right fucking now and not 3,4 10 years ago.

Reading is good for you.

Edit: real quick son but 155 lbs is above 154lbs wow shocking that fucking math huh so that means 155 is a middleweight fight.
                Last edited by lparm; 04-17-2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe was deceptively strong. And hit harder than most people realise.

Couple that with his hand speed and high work rate. He is a problem for any body.

He was tall for the weight class too.

Joe would still be king.

Comment

Soooo

GGG is a middleweight

Did you miss the part where I said "this era" meaning right fucking now and not 3,4 10 years ago.

Reading is good for you.

Edit: real quick son but 155 lbs is above 154lbs wow shocking that fucking math huh so that means 155 is a middleweight fight.
                    Joe never fought at middle though why compare him to middles how does he do against kovalev and ward at 175? He did fight at that weight

Comment

Soooo

GGG is a middleweight

Reading is good for you.
                      lol, so you missed the part where I said 155 (infamously known as the LMW way to hold a MW belt because Canelo has never actually fought as a MW, in case you haven't heard) but decided to make yourself look even stupider by feebly trying to throw an insult about reading.
                      Anyhow, you've been full-time trolling lately and have no shame anyway so go ahead and get in the last word so you can feel like you weren't clowned.

Comment

Working...
                      X