Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many rounds of that would Cotto take?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    Cotto doesn't have the reach to make his jab a factor, against someone like GGG.

Thats the thing about having a deep amateur background, you know how to use your jab to keep that fight at your range. Cotto could never win a jabbing war with GGG.

GGG's jab is like Klits, no getting past it.

Cotto is 5'7... he was stretching it fighting at 147, 154 was way to high for him, and 160 is just ridiculous. He is a very talented fighter, one of the best of the generation, but GGG is to methodical in his approach to boxing for Cotto to get him to give up his advantages and fight a fight that Cotto could compete in.
    I get all that, what you say is true, but sometimes skill is greater than physical advantages.. I don't think Cotto will ever win, but if he comes with his A-game, he will disrupt Ggg's attack.. Ggg will still hunt him down and stop him, but Cotto is gonna steal some early rounds, his jab will land if he uses it..

Comment

History says this would be a very bad match up for Cotto, that's for sure. Still, he would still be the greatest fighter GGG has faced yet and won't go down without a fight.

Comment

I've always respect Cotto. But if he signs up to get in the ring with GGG he gets crushed! I think Cotto's skillset is vastly overrated. Cotto is smaller than GGG, shorter and inferior in every way. He gets stopped in the middle round. He goes late if he decides to run like the Pac fight...

Comment

I have yet to see GGG get hit with the same punch twice. I've seen Cotto get hit too many times with the same punch, ie: Judah fight and May fight(over right hand). Kind of explain cuz GGG's amateur background...

Comment

I don't think Cotto beats GGG, but I do believe that he is a considerably better fighter than Lemieux and would do much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
              I have yet to see GGG get hit with the same punch twice. I've seen Cotto get hit too many times with the same punch, ie: Judah fight and May fight(over right hand). Kind of explain cuz GGG's amateur background...
              Or it might be explained by the fact that he hasn't fought anyone with a pulse yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                I get all that, what you say is true, but sometimes skill is greater than physical advantages.. I don't think Cotto will ever win, but if he comes with his A-game, he will disrupt Ggg's attack.. Ggg will still hunt him down and stop him, but Cotto is gonna steal some early rounds, his jab will land if he uses it..
                GGG doesn't attack, he creates openings or puts you out of position and capitalizes on it all off his jab. He doesn't just try and beat you down, or throw punches just to throw punches. That is what is so scary about him.

Everything is behind one of the heaviest most educated Jabs in the game. And if he has to use nothing but the jab for 5 rounds, until you start making mistakes and getting desperate to circumvent it, he will. And then you will pay for your effort.

As I and many others have said for a long time, he is also deceptively slick, and very rarely gets touched clean.

It all adds up to a very scary combination. People have this misconception that he is a puncher 1st. He isn't. He is a meticulous technician with ridiculous power. Like Marquez if you added some more dynamite to his fists.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
                  I've always respect Cotto. But if he signs up to get in the ring with GGG he gets crushed! I think Cotto's skillset is vastly overrated. Cotto is smaller than GGG, shorter and inferior in every way. He gets stopped in the middle round. He goes late if he decides to run like the Pac fight...
                  Cotto has one of the finest skill sets in the game today. The size disadvantage is just to great in terms of reach for him to make any impact against someone like GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr America View Post
                    In Marg 1, Marg only put it on him for a couple of rounds before he quit.

Against Pacquiao he ran all night long, and was facing good guy pac so he didn't put it on him fully.

I reckon cotto quits in the second round rather than let us all witness the highlight reel ko with him flat on his back.
                    Pac didn't put it on him fully? Are you ret@rded?

Comment

Cotto doesn't last 6 with Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X