Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not into Euro boxing. Am I wrong for that?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if euro boxing isn't your thing... check out this aussie boxing... http://youtu.be/fn-BReAdYxQ

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      So you skip Kovalev, Froch, Golovkin?
      Not Golovkin.

If Froch or Kovalev are fighting, I'll probably just skip it, and not watch boxing that night.

I swear, I just can't follow European boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
        I think it comes down to this, and the fact that I was always brought up on American boxing.

Even if a European fighter in on HBO or Showtime, I just skip it or just tune out and play on my phone until the next fight.

Again, this is in no way, shape or form how I feel about European people or European countries.

It's just with boxing.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS!

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
          Not Golovkin.

If Froch or Kovalev are fighting, I'll probably just skip it, and not watch boxing that night.

I swear, I just can't follow European boxing.
          Why would you do an exception for Golovkin though ?

Comment

Originally posted by gandhalf View Post
            Why would you do an exception for Golovkin though ?
            I have no idea.

I guess, the few times I was in the mood to watch a European fighter, he impressed the **** out of me, and I love his style.

I guess I should take that approach with all European fighters.

Comment

Pacquiao actually had much more of a "European" style when he was coming up. He's developed into a much more rounded fighter but he still arguably has a more European style than an American style - although it could be argued he now has a style all of his own. But are you saying you didn't like Pacquiao's style when he was coming up in the game??

Comment

Euro cards have great crowds, but miserable announcers. Some of the fights are pretty damn good. Groves Froch was excellent until the ref went full ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  All the good ones are from East Europe like the Klitchko's, GGG, Kovalev, Prov

The fighters in the UK suck now except for Froch and Fury
                  After what groves put froch through its clear he doesn't suck. I'd add to that list Carl frampton and Martin Murray too whilst taking off fury.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                    Pacquiao actually had much more of a "European" style when he was coming up. He's developed into a much more rounded fighter but he still arguably has a more European style than an American style - although it could be argued he now has a style all of his own. But are you saying you didn't like Pacquiao's style when he was coming up in the game??
                    It's not the style. It's purely European boxing on the surface.

That sounded incredibly ignorant, but dammit, I can't explain it.

I literally just thought of this.

I think it's because, since I grew up with American boxing, I've always come to the conclusion that the European style fighter will lose to the slick, American style fighter.

Therefore, I don't invest time into following someone's career, when I think he'll eventually lose to the slick American fighter, or the rugged Latin fighter.

I literally just thought of this as I was typing a response.

I know I'm absolutely ignorant in this line of thinking, since there's hundreds to thousands of examples of why I'm wrong, but maybe that's it.

Comment

This the guy that said only hoodrats use the term exposed lol. How he still isn't banned after all this baiting is beyond me. He's clearly bored and lonely

Comment

Working...
                      X