No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik Might Face Lucian Bute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
    two top 10 contenders agree to fight and its a BS fight? Not every one subscribes to the Canelo method (you know the one, fight no credble opponents until you get big money). Some of us think contenders fighting each other is good for boxing.

If Pavlik can get back to 75% of what he was, he beats Bute easily

Comment

Oh **** yes! Make it happen! Points on Kelly by stoppage. Yeah, I said it. Bute looked wayyyyy too easy to hit in his last two fights and is gun shy. Kelly may not be much but gun shy he isn't. That and Kelly goes into the fight knowing he can hurt Bute. Kelly has to be cut to peices to be stopped. I like this. Winner of this fights the winner of the Froch v Kessler rematch, and that winner gets Ward.
      Last edited by Motofan; 12-31-2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I've been wanting to see Pavlik vs. Abraham since 2007.

I see Sauerland has not made the Abraham-Stieglitz fight official yet, so maybe it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          I've been wanting to see Pavlik vs. Abraham since 2007.

I see Sauerland has not made the Abraham-Stieglitz fight official yet, so maybe it's possible.
          Didn't Prime Pavlik get utterly dominated by a old man Hopkins?

Everything Pavlik does add to Hopkin's legacy.. so I hope he succeed.

Comment

I think Pavlik has a better chance of beating Abraham to be honest. But a Bute fight should be competitive too.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
              Kelly via stoppage. This fight is 100x better and more winnable than Ward. I don't think Kelly is washed up at all; he has a much better trainer than before and it shows.

That said, he should probably stop smoking the crack.
              i don't know why most people say pavik is all washed up, he got hooked to late night partying that resulted into alcohol addiction. the guy is just 30 years old for crying out loud, and he's supposedly sober now, unless he somehow got amnesia and forgot all his boxing moves, then yeah, he's washed up

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                i don't know why most people say pavik is all washed up, he got hooked to late night partying that resulted into alcohol addiction. the guy is just 30 years old for crying out loud, and he's supposedly sober now, unless he somehow got amnesia and forgot all his boxing moves, then yeah, he's washed up
                Supposedly sober eh? Did you see that recent ranting video? But to answer your question, he hasn't looked like a factor in a while. Remember that Lopez fight when he looked like complete ****? 9 months later Lopez hilariously loses a UD to a 3-5-1 fighter.

Comment

THey were supposed to fight before... might as well fight now

Comment

Pavilk should fight either guy, especially AA, he should easily outwork him

Comment

Ill watch if it's made. Both have something to prove and what happens to loser of this one? Does Bute blow the froch rematch or will pavlik have to continue career fight b\c class opposition. Proper crossroads fight with harsh consequences for loser.

Comment

Working...
                      X