Collapse
No announcement yet.

This PPV Showdown is going to force Mayweather to fight more Offensive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Showdown is not going to force Floyd to be more offensive. It will depend on the opponent and what Floyd determines will be the best way to win

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
      3 straight fights with over 1M PPV?

hatton fight did not reach 1M PPV in the US but if you have added the UK PPV its way pass that number
      he's a lyin sack of ****.....i think hes jiddu dali who said floyd was p4p#2 for a decade...lol

Comment

I doubt it.

Mayweather has done fine thus far with his style; it's what makes him who he is. I don't see it changing and it most likely won't.

Comment

I completely disagree as well. Floyd isn't going to change his style and risk losing to affect PPV buys. Additionally, it wouldn't affect his PPV numbers until next fight. Do you think he's going to come out and announce a change in his fighting style to affect sales? I guess it's possible he would say something like that, but it'd only be to get into his opponent's head. He's not going to reveal his hand before the fight....

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
            All Arum needs to do is get Margarito against an ok opponent. Preferably the guy with the IBF. Homberto Soto, and Gomez, and then the undercard is set.
            Possible chance of Edwin Valero vs Soto?!? Valero is cleared to fight in Texas....

:::crosses fingers::::

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
              he's a lyin sack of ****.....i think hes jiddu dali who said floyd was p4p#2 for a decade...lol
              Dont know about #2 for a decade bit, but Floyd has been in the P4P Top 10 since 1998 and in the 1999 P4P Ranking he is listed as #2 after Roy Jones Jr who was #1.

Comment

The only thing that can force Mayweather to do anything is the IRS.

That's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                  No it won't.
                  Yep, no way they are that stupid. They know that if they fight even within a month of Pac on PPV, and they do lower numbers, they will **** themselves at the negotiating table in the future.

Say they go head to head, Pac does 900k, Floyd does 350k, how does Floyd demand 50/50 purse split any more?

They aren't stupid enough to risk that.

Comment

Working...
                  X