No announcement yet.

How is Tyson Fury a more skilled boxer than Anthony Joshua when:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    Because fury outlanded wlad by 34 punches according to compubox. Aj did by 13
    And how many 'effective' (not ineffective taps) did Fury out-land Wlad by compared to Joshua? How much damage did Fury inflict on Wlad compared to Joshua? Exactly!

Quality > quantity.

1 punch that scores a KO, knockdown, visible body damage > 100 punches which do none of those things.

Fury is a horrible boxer for someone of such a size. Absolutely beyond disgraceful, pathetic and shameful that a midget like David Haye has better punching power than him when he is nearly 50 pounds heavier and 5 inches taller.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
      Fury has far superior movement and footwork, can fight on the front foot or the back, can fight inside and out, can switch stances with ease. Joshua is just your basic plodder who has a hard punch.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      All of that is pretty, well and good. However, what are the results of those things. Does he get hit less than Joshua overall and does he inflict more damage on his opponents on a consistent basis compared to Joshua? Absolutely not! Ergo, Joshua is more skilled defensively and offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        AJ FANBOY ALERT!!!!
        AJ went life and death with Wlad 18 months after Fury embarrassed him in his own backyard. Styles make fights moron. Earnie Shavers blitzed Kenny Norton, Holmes and Ali only beat him on points. Does that make Shavers the more skilled fighter?
        You've just been schooled the same way Wlad was by Fury.🥊
        Yeah, AJ went life and death in his 19th fight against the greatest heavyweight of all time and beat him, something no other past heavyweight has done after having the same number of bouts themselves.

Guess what? Tyson Fury went life and death against a former feather-fisted cruiserweight in Steve Cunningham in his 21st bout. So what is your point?

Going life and death against a former feather-fisted cruiserweight in one's 21st bout of career = worse than going life and death against the greatest heavyweight of all time in one's 19th bout of career.

Also, you're just using one example. Anthony Joshua doesn't have only one example of being better than Fury but multiple ones. He consistently beats opponents more convincingly and comprehensively than Fury does and shows a better combination of defense and offense.

I'm not even much of a Joshua fan (at least not yet) just for your information. I'm more of a Wladimir Klitschko fan but it was Joshua which Wlad refused a rematch against. Fury ducked out of a rematch against Wlad which Wlad was willing to take unlike against Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
          A fully fit Fury is more skilled than Joshua and i don't believe it is close.

Fury can box effectively on the back foot, something I am yet to see Joshua do and can back his opponents up. This is due to Fury's superior footwork. Joshua is much stiffer and looked out of his depth when he was being backed up by Klitschko.

Fury is also the more active boxer in the clinch and is great at roughing his opponents up. Fury also posses and amazing engine and could comfortably fight 15 rounds (when fit). More often than not, Joshua uses the clinch to catch his breath.

From top to bottom, Fury is the more fluid boxer and moves amazing well for a big man. However there is no question that Joshua posses the great equaliser, punch power.
          None of those things matter much if the results aren't there = getting hit less and landing more punches comparatively between each other.

Joshua usually gets hit as little as Fury does or sometimes slightly more = his defense is just as good or at the very least, very close.

On the other hand, Joshua lands far more effective punches on his opponents on a far more frequent basis = his offense is significantly better than Fury's.

Those two things are the only things that TRULY matter when discussing boxing 'skills'. Joshua's offense is better than Fury's defense. Whilst Joshua's defense is just as good, if not better compared to Fury's offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
            Yeah, AJ went life and death in his 19th fight against the greatest heavyweight of all time and beat him, something no other past heavyweight has done after having the same number of bouts themselves.

Guess what? Tyson Fury went life and death against a former feather-fisted cruiserweight in Steve Cunningham in his 21st bout. So what is your point?

Going life and death against a former feather-fisted cruiserweight in one's 21st bout of career = worse than going life and death against the greatest heavyweight of all time in one's 19th bout of career.

Also, you're just using one example. Anthony Joshua doesn't have only one example of being better than Fury but multiple ones. He consistently beats opponents more convincingly and comprehensively than Fury does and shows a better combination of defense and offense.

I'm not even much of a Joshua fan (at least not yet) just for your information. I'm more of a Wladimir Klitschko fan but it was Joshua which Wlad refused a rematch against. Fury ducked out of a rematch against Wlad which Wlad was willing to take unlike against Joshua.
            Greatest HW of all time HAHAHAHAHAHA😭😭😭😭
            He got iced by Corrie Sanders, Lamont Brewster and Ross Purrity!!!😂😂😂
            His best win is Who? Haye? Povetkin? 😂😂😂
            Take your L and "stay humble" boy🥊

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Greatest HW of all time HAHAHAHAHAHA😭😭😭😭
              He got iced by Corrie Sanders, Lamont Brewster and Ross Purrity!!!😂😂😂
              His best win is Who? Haye? Povetkin? 😂😂😂
              Take your L and "stay humble" boy🥊
              So how do his losses mean he is prevented from being the greatest heavyweight of all time?

His best opponents he beat are arguably better than any past heavyweight (excluding Lennox Lewis perhaps).

Wladimir Klitschko has the best heavyweight record in history. Has multiple unparalleled feats matched by absolutely no past heavyweight. He is rightfully the greatest heavyweight of all time. I can come at you with facts and stats from all angles in relation to this.

Comment

1) It took Tyson Fury 25 fights to face Wladimir Klitschko and beat him whilst it took only 19 fights for Joshua to face Wladimir Klitschko and beat him?
                This doesn't imply much about skills, unless you think that skills alone dictate the timing of fights.

2) Tyson Fury never came close to dropping, never mind stopping Wladimir Klitschko in their bout (inferior offensive skills) whilst Anthony Joshua dropped Wladimir Klitschko multiple times and stopped him (superior offensive skills)?
                Tyson Fury never came close to being dropped (superior defensive skills) whilst AJ got dropped and was holding on dear life (inferior defensive skills)... what's your point?

3) Tyson Fury landed fewer effective punches on Wladimir Klitschko (punches that had the most effect on Wlad) than Anthony Joshua did (displaying inferior offensive skills again) where both Fury and Wladimir Klitschko arguably landed the same number of effective punches on each other whilst Joshua landed more effective punches on Wladimir Klitschko (displaying superior offensive skills)?
                see point 2. AJ gave more but took more, he went life and death. AJ v Klit was exciting but could easily have gone either way.

4) Tyson Fury was dropped in his 21st fight against a natural feather fisted cruiserweight in Steve Cunningham whilst Anthony Joshua was only dropped in his 19th bout by the most powerful puncher in heavyweight boxing history in Wladimir Klitschko?
                You must remember that Fury was hoping to make a big splash on his US debut; he was overly-aggressive and got caught out trying to draw his opponent on. On the other hand, Joshua was spitting out his mouthguard, breathing heavy, and took a big right from an old man. Fair play to Joshua, he showed heart but I think most would also say that Klit seemed to take his foot off the gas at that point in the fight.

5) Tyson Fury went 12 rounds against Kevin Johnson to win via decision whilst Anthony Joshua stopped Kevin Johnson in 2 rounds whilst barely getting hit (showing superior offensive + defensive skills)?
                Vitali went 12 rounds too... are you saying AJ is therefore a superior boxer to Vitali aswell?

6) Anthony Joshua has a superior heavyweight record overall in just 20 bouts compared to Fury after he had 25 bouts?
                One must admit that Joshua has had the backing of Sky, etc., throughout. I should think it is easier to make the right fights happen when money is available. the Charles Martin fight, for example, was a joke. Reports of Martin eating pot noodles at the venue on the day of the fight. A bought belt. I mean, you really need to explain how AJ's record is so superior to Fury's, because it's not obvious to me. Besides, resumes are not a great indicator of skills, unless you know what you are looking at.

7) Anthony Joshua is an Olympic gold medalist whilst Tyson Fury isn't?
                Audley Harrison. There are question marks over the legitimacy of Joshua's medal also

Joshua has crap head movement, admires and relies on his power, plods with his feet, can't fight going backwards... and that's just for starters. ONE THING I'VE ALWAYS SAID (on top of this) IS THAT JOSHUA DOES NOT HAVE COLD POWER

Comment

Fury is easily more skilled than A.J or Wilder.
                  I know the fight isn't peoples cup of tea but just look.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3EoKKNEa3A
                  Look at his lateral movement... for a heavyweight, nevermind one that big, to move like THAT. Is a huge indicator of skill.

Comment

So how do his losses mean he is prevented from being the greatest heavyweight of all time?

His best opponents he beat are arguably better than any past heavyweight (excluding Lennox Lewis perhaps).

Wladimir Klitschko has the best heavyweight record in history. Has multiple unparalleled feats matched by absolutely no past heavyweight. He is rightfully the greatest heavyweight of all time. I can come at you with facts and stats from all angles in relation to this.
                    Your an idiot!! 😂😂😂😂
                    Ali, Holmes, Foreman etc all have way better resumes.
                    Your riddled with L's 😭😭😭
                    LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

I think Fury is a better boxer than AJ. He is faster, more clever and throws more punches per round on average and has better stamina. AJ is a much harder puncher. This is just my opinion based on what I have seen from both men in numerous fights. If they fought I am not sure who would win if we are talking about an in shape and motivated Fury. AJ would be the one most likely to score a KO and Fury would win if it went the full distance. I would favor Fury to win if he ever gets it together and trains hard and fights hard.

Comment

Working...
                      X