No announcement yet.

Canelo Is Not a Middleweight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
    than canelo needs to hand over that wbc belt to golovkin.its a disgrace to keep defending it and the ring belt in catchweight fights its been going on far too long thanks to cotto's punk ass and now canelo's trying to do the same.
    Yes, I absolutely agree with vacating, if he doesn't fight GGG next. All I'm saying is he should fight a few middleweights before GGG, a knockout artist at 160. Canelo has never fought a middleweight, and has never come in anywhere near the 160 lb. weight limit. His 155 lb. fights people insist on bringing up were literally all against junion middleweight. He weighed in at 155 for a middleweight fight against a guy who came in at 153.5.

Comment

• This guy won't give up, will he.

Canelo's walking around weight is well into the 170's. He has 3 inches of reach on Cotto, and who knows how much he outweighed him by on the night of the fight. Eyes don't lie.... and Canelo looks like a pretty big MW. But like the other poster said, the same thing Cotto got crucified for is the very same thing Canelo fans are in damage control for now. Thing is..... they were betting on a Canelo win, and were making the bed way before the Cotto fight. Great strategy!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PeterinMI View Post
        I see you ignored all the points of my argument as they were not convenient. 160 pound mandatory challenger = 160 pound fight. Anything else is BS. Agree on the history of the belt. All those catch weights to get the belt don't justify catch weight mandatory defense.
        I didn't ignore your points, and I don't know where you are getting the idea that I am okay with catch-weight fights? Again, I said vacate if he isn't ready for GGG. Fight needs to be at 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
          I'm not a Canelo fan. I have no dog in this fight. Just giving you the facts, bud.
          When was the last time he fought at 154? What is his weight at fight night? The answer to those questions are fact!

Comment

• Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
            1. The middleweight limit is anything over 154 up to 160!

2. Canelo hasn't weighed in as a Junior Middleweight since he fought Mayweather two years ago!

3. Canelo is physically bigger than Golovkin, he puts on nearly 20 lbs betweenness weigh in and fight night, Golovkin puts on about 8-10 lbs!

4. I personally feel that ggg will be pretty comfortable making 155 but the fact that he's 33 years old makes it harder for him to make than Canelo who is 25 you're body responds better when you're younger!

5. The fact is it's a ***** move by Canelo to demand 155! People are bringing up GGG vs Ward at 164 but the fact is award wanted a 50/50 split in the purse when he's been irrelevant for years! It was a clear power play by award and his team, so ggg and his guys agreed to 50/50 only if it was 50/50 in weight ie. 164... In reality the fight was never going to happen, Ward can barely make 168 now and is a confirmed LHW so to constantly bring up 164 is redundant
            Good post, good points. I appreciate you backing up your arguments, and not just hurling **** at me like some of the idiots in this forum. Again, good posts on your part. An actual civil discussion.

Comment

Who said anything about GGG coming down to fight Canelo at 155? Did you read the posts or are you just a fanboy for Cotto? I think I have an idea. Very poor arguments on your part, driven strictly by emotion. No surprise there.
              Originally posted by Basco View Post
              When was the last time he fought at 154? What is his weight at fight night? The answer to those questions are fact!
              When was the last time he fought a middleweight? Those 155 lb. fights were against junior middleweights, both parties benefited by not having to make 154. Canelo weighed in at 155 for a middleweight title fight, against a guy who came in at 153.5. Canelo has never fought a middleweight in his life. All his fights at 155 were against junior middleweights.

Fight night weight doesn't matter in my opinion. There is a difference between walking around weight, fighting weight, and fight night weight. To call him a light heavy because he comes in at 170 on fight night is absurb.

People called Chavez Jr. a light heavy/cruiser because of his fight night weights. Once he stepped up to a true light heavy, you saw that he had no business against those guys. He was clearly the smaller man, no punching power, and got put on his ass. Not defending Chavez Jr, I hate him as a fighter, but you just have to call it like it is. Same with Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobarde Naranja View Post
                HAHAHAHA you ****ing idiot

None of them drop to 155 because that's not a division
                , how the hell would we know who can make 155?

If you can't make 154 you fight as a middleweight. Canelo just doesn't have the talent. You know it, you've seen him fight.
                this right here explains everything **** canelo and his made up weight class

Comment

Who said anything about GGG coming down to fight Canelo at 155? Did you read the posts or are you just a fanboy for Cotto? I think I have an idea. Very poor arguments on your part, driven strictly by emotion. No surprise there.
                  Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
                  This guy won't give up, will he.

Canelo's walking around weight is well into the 170's. He has 3 inches of reach on Cotto, and who knows how much he outweighed him by on the night of the fight. Eyes don't lie.... and Canelo looks like a pretty big MW. But like the other poster said, the same thing Cotto got crucified for is the very same thing Canelo fans are in damage control for now. Thing is..... they were betting on a Canelo win, and were making the bed way before the Cotto fight. Great strategy!!!

This isn't a "come in here and cry about Cotto" thread. A few of you guys in here.

Comment

• you're a little b*tch

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
                      The lengths to which people will go to.....

Canelo's not a middleweight? That's real funny, guy. Try another one. Canelo's a legitimate middleweight, and could probably fight higher, if not right now, then soon enough. Now whether he's got enough testicular fortitude to fight guys at 160.... that's another story.

Good try, though.
                      A legitimate middleweight? How many middleweights has he fought? How many times has even come close to weighing in in at the 160 lb. limit. Yes, I know I know, the 155 lb. fights are the smoking gun, right? All 4-5 of those fights were against junior middleweights. He weighed in at 155 for a middleweight title fight against a guy who came in at 153.5. Nah, but he's a middleweight, huh?

Comment

Working...
                      X